Recent numbers show the housing market is making a slow recovery, and the Athens-Limestone Home Builders Association wants to tempt potential buyers with its annual Parade of Homes.
Starting June 22, anyone interested can make their way through the 10 homes constructed by local companies featured on this year’s tour.
Athens-Limestone Home Builders Association Vice President Terrell Carden of Carden Home Builders said the group has a “pretty wide range” of styles and prices to offer passersby.
“The range of sizes and costs is pretty broad,” he said. “Some of them have a lot of amenities and some are starter homes.”
This year’s parade is shorter than the previous tours, Carden said, but that’s only because some of the stops were sold and were pulled from the show.
In fact, he said, local sales have experienced a “boom” this spring; there’s been more building and more people buying.
Homes featured in the parade are located across Limestone County, from Athens to East Limestone and Tanner.
There is no charge to attend the Parade of Homes. Dates are Saturday and Sunday, June 22 and 23, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and June 29 and 30, from 1 to 5 p.m.
Residences featured are:
• 15852 Lapington Road;
• 17743 Antler Pass in the Deer Trail Townhomes complex;
• 16501 Travertine Drive in the Cantera Place subdivision;
• 17137 Obsidian Circle in The Ledges of Oakdale subdivision;
• 22728 Oakdale Ridge Lane in The Ridge at Oakdale subdivision;
• 24604 Silent Spring Drive in the Fieldstone subdivision;
• 24819 Grovehill Lane in the Old Stone subdivision;
• 12082 Southern Charm Boulevard, Unit C, in the Southern Charm Village TownHomes complex;
• 25495 Caldera Drive in the Caldera Ridge subdivision;
• 26101 Meadow Ridge Lane in the Meadow Ridge subdivision.
See more information on the 2013 Parade of Homes in a special section in the Sunday edition of The News Courier.