The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Saturday:
• Sharon Renee Hawk, 48, of 412 Cherokee Road, Scottsboro, DUI
• Lance Byron James, 36, of 838 County Road 531, Anderson, failure to pay child support
• Susan Louise Kritner, 45, of 6218 Highway 92, Rutledge, Tenn., negotiating a worthless negotiable instrument
• Griffin Scott Littlefield, 48, of 1925 Constitution Ave., Prattville, third-degree theft
• Jesse Lewis Lockett, 48, of 2117 Aretha St., Athens, attempting to elude
• Cameron Tyler Ludwig, 19, of 2009 Liberty Drive, Madison, probation violated on third-degree assault charge
• Jennifer Michelle McCune, 26, of 24388 Frank Gossett Road, Athens, first-degree possession of a forged instrument
• Cody Allen Vinson, 22, of 12945 Sommers Road, Athens, speeding
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported no thefts Saturday.
The Athens Police Department reported the follow arrests Saturday:
• Zachori Keith Blackwell, 18, of 9197 Holt Springer Road, Athens, DUI
• Rafael D. Garcia, 33, of 407 E. McClellan St., Athens, DUI
• Manuel Quixan Gutierrez, 26, of 17620 Tucker Lane, Lot 5, Athens, DUI
• Oberlin Ocampo, 29, of 21107 Edgewood Road, Athens, DUI
• Michael Brandon Stewart, 34, of 1400 S. Houston St., Athens, third-degree domestic violence
• Roy G. Turner, 57, of 500 Elkton St., Apt. A-16, Athens, DUI
The Athens Police Department reported no thefts Saturday.
Athens-Limestone Hospital reported no admissions or discharges Saturday.
Admissions and discharges represent only those who agree to have their names published.
- Local News
UPDATED: Clements football coach steps down after 10 months
During Tuesday night’s 15-minute board meeting, the Limestone County Board of Education voted 7-0 to accept Dan Beavers’ resignation as head football coach and physical education teacher.
- Operation Santa held Tuesday
- Hawkins submits low bid for city sewer project
Lindsay Lane-Compton Road intersection to close Wednesday
The Athens Public Works Department will have to close the intersection at Lindsay Lane and Compton Road on Wednesday to replace a drainage pipe under the road.
- UPDATED: Family Resource Center asks for funding to remain open
City approves amended abatement to Steelcase
The City Council on Monday approved an amended tax abatement for Steelcase after its expansion project increased from a $2 million estimated investment to $7.1 million, along with the creation of 110 jobs.
- BREAKING: Limestone County Schools delayed two hours Tuesday
- Ardmore parade still set for Tuesday
VIDEO: Alabama Shakes gets another Grammy nod
Alabama Shakes’ "Always Alright" from the “Silver Linings Playbook” movie soundtrack will be up against performances by Led Zeppelin, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack White, Imagine Dragons and David Bowie.
Athens girls swim team sets state record; finish second in AHSAA championships
The Athens High girls swim team set a state record and freshman Mallory Underwood was a double individual medal-winner in the AHSAA state swimming & diving championships Saturday.
- More Local News Headlines
- UPDATED: Clements football coach steps down after 10 months