The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Saturday:
• Sharon Renee Hawk, 48, of 412 Cherokee Road, Scottsboro, DUI
• Lance Byron James, 36, of 838 County Road 531, Anderson, failure to pay child support
• Susan Louise Kritner, 45, of 6218 Highway 92, Rutledge, Tenn., negotiating a worthless negotiable instrument
• Griffin Scott Littlefield, 48, of 1925 Constitution Ave., Prattville, third-degree theft
• Jesse Lewis Lockett, 48, of 2117 Aretha St., Athens, attempting to elude
• Cameron Tyler Ludwig, 19, of 2009 Liberty Drive, Madison, probation violated on third-degree assault charge
• Jennifer Michelle McCune, 26, of 24388 Frank Gossett Road, Athens, first-degree possession of a forged instrument
• Cody Allen Vinson, 22, of 12945 Sommers Road, Athens, speeding
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported no thefts Saturday.
The Athens Police Department reported the follow arrests Saturday:
• Zachori Keith Blackwell, 18, of 9197 Holt Springer Road, Athens, DUI
• Rafael D. Garcia, 33, of 407 E. McClellan St., Athens, DUI
• Manuel Quixan Gutierrez, 26, of 17620 Tucker Lane, Lot 5, Athens, DUI
• Oberlin Ocampo, 29, of 21107 Edgewood Road, Athens, DUI
• Michael Brandon Stewart, 34, of 1400 S. Houston St., Athens, third-degree domestic violence
• Roy G. Turner, 57, of 500 Elkton St., Apt. A-16, Athens, DUI
The Athens Police Department reported no thefts Saturday.
Athens-Limestone Hospital reported no admissions or discharges Saturday.
Admissions and discharges represent only those who agree to have their names published.
- Local News
- Children allegedly present amid motel meth lab
- Athens man accused of choking wife
National parks in Alabama attract nearly 718,000
A new report from the National Park Service says the national parks in Alabama had nearly 718,000 visitors in 2012.
The park service estimates the visitors spent $26.5 million.
- New library moves into $2.4M Phase II
Ala. lawmaker wants tax holiday for gun purchases
An Alabama lawmaker is looking to create a sales tax holiday for consumers buying guns and ammunition.
Japanese plastics company mulls Athens site
The 90-day land option would allow Asahi to purchase 50 acres “for the intended construction and operation of a new manufacturing facility of approximately 100,000 square feet,” according to the resolution unanimously approved today by the commission and council.
Chance of freezing rain in north Alabama
Forecasters say there's a chance of freezing rain and possible snow flurries across portions of north Alabama, but icy conditions aren't expected to linger past rush hour.
- Council, Commission to meet on economic development project
Government shadow removed from local school calendars
“We’ve taken the temporary measure out of the original bill and let local boards of education decide on their own calendars,” said state Rep. Dan Williams of House Bill 454 that passed last week.
Upcoming primaries to test voter ID laws
The Associated Press reported that the debut of the new laws in a few smaller-scale elections over the last year has already exposed some problems, such as mismatched names, confusion over absentee voting provisions and rules that require voters to travel great distances to obtain documentation.
- More Local News Headlines