Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Wednesday:
• James Travis Carwile, 31, of 10011 Paradise Shores, Lot 2, Athens, first-degree theft (grand jury indictment)
• Joshua Aaron Chavez-Roberts, 21, of 14083 Deb Drive, Athens, child abuse (grand jury indictment)
• Tavoras Antwan Coffman, 27, of 503 Welch Drive, Athens, grand jury indictments for possession of a controlled substance and illegal possession of prescription drugs (no bond)
• Orlando Zeontha Deloney, 21, of 617 Fourth Ave. SW, Decatur, two counts of third-degree burglary
• Tyjuan Oneil Fletcher, 21, of 411 East McClellan, Lot 6, Athens, grand jury indictment for second-degree domestic violence (strangulation)
• Michael Lee Ford, 22, of 410 Ward Ave., Huntsville, grand jury indictments for promoting prison contraband and destroying state property
• Steven Lynn Gandy, 50, of 19474 Cross Key Road, Athens, grand jury indictments and no bond for possession of a controlled substance, third-degree theft and public intoxication
• Adam Gatlin, 23, of 22228 Cagle Road, Athens, breaking and entering a vehicle (grand jury indictment)
• Tiffany Rachel Gibson, 35, of 26569 Overmyer Lane, Athens, second-degree assault (grand jury indictment)
• Joseph Patrick Gill, 41, of 4239 Myrtlewood Drive, Huntsville, incest
• Corey Labruan Glover, 34, of 12917 Dickens Lane, Madison, third-degree domestic violence (assault)
• Kyle Andre House, 23, of 1505 Coleman Ave., Athens, grand jury indictments for first-degree possession of marijuana (no bond), possession of a controlled substance (no bond) and distribution of a controlled substance
• Vantella Lamont Malone, 34, of 709 Plato Jones, Athens, third-degree robbery (grand jury indictment)
• Jeremy Ray McCurry, 26, of 30605 Alabama 99, Lester, first-degree theft (grand jury indictment)
• Noah Andrew McGlawn, 20, of 3030 Mount Morich Drive, Whiteville, Tenn., attempted murder (grand jury indictment)
• Stephanie Marie Minor, 27, of 167 Dexter Circle, Madison, two counts of second-degree forgery (grand jury indictment and no bond)
• Cameron Lee Parker, 25, of 8724 Flicker Lane, Athens, first-degree theft (grand jury indictment)
• Jason Ray Rose, 37, of 12298 Grigsby Ferry Road, Elkmont, third-degree burglary (Limestone County Community Corrections Program)
• Jason Ingram Stokes, 37, of 25715 Putman Circle, Elkmont, grand jury indictments for second-degree assault and second-degree theft
• Jackie Lynn Watkins, 51, of 25368 New Bethel Road, Elkmont, possession of a controlled substance (grand jury indictment)
- Local News
Sunny skies on tap for this weekend
After a muggy week full of intermittent showers and storms, today through Sunday are shaping up to be picture-perfect.
A student's best friend
Anyone who would like to request a visit from Love on a Leash is welcome to call her at 256-777-3388.
- Arrest reports for 7/25/14
- APD charges man with burglary, assaulting fiancée
- Athens man indicted on charges of sexual abuse, indecent exposure
Governor's office: Immigrant children coming to Alabama
A spokesman said it's not known how many children will be placed at the base or how soon they will arrive.
- The News Courier invites you to 'Sound Off'
Carpenter acquires 2nd Delphi building – what’s in store for it?
According to a sales contract filed July 11 in the Limestone County Probate Judge’s Office, Robert Trafford, manager of private investment company OAX of Delaware, sold Building No. 22, Lot 3 of the Delphi subdivision to Carpenter Technology Corp. of Delaware on July 9 for $2.2 million.
- Limestone, Morgan and Madison counties under dense fog advisory until 9 a.m.
Suspicious emails prompt BBB warning
Scammers began sending a wave of bogus phishing emails spoofing the BBB brand shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday, according to a press release.
- More Local News Headlines
- Sunny skies on tap for this weekend