In other business the school board:
• Approved an overnight trip for the Tanner High School football team to stay in a hotel prior to the Class 2A state championship game at 3 p.m. Friday at Jordan-Hare Stadium on the Auburn University campus;
• Accepted a bid for the demolition of buildings at Ardmore High School for the new gymnasium project;
• Authorized the letting of bids for a commercial dishwasher for the West Limestone High School Child Nutrition Program and computer-aided design (CAD) workstations and computers at the Career Center;
• Agreed to pave the drive at the School Bus Garage/Maintenance Department; and
• Approved an early release of December paychecks for the approximately 1,100 county school system employees.
The school board will meet next at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8, at the Clinton Street annex.