Layla Lane, 2, of Athens, ran into Santa, in this case Lewis Williams, at South Television in Athens on Monday. Owner David Holden said he has known Santa for many years and invited him to his business.
- Local News
- Overnight fire destroys Limestone County home
- Alabama committee approves Common Core 'opt out'
- Senate panel considers Alabama Constitution changes
- Wind gusts of up to 35 mph expected across Alabama
City Council approves Remington incentives; one citizen against
Under the agreement, Athens will pay $250,000 to Remington during a three-year period if the company meets hiring goals.
Police Department site of March 18 voter registration event
It will be held in the municipal courtroom at the Police Department at 951 E. Hobbs St. Hours will be announced.
Alabama offering free photo IDs to vote
Only those who are registered to vote in Alabama and do not already have a photo ID from any county, state or agency are eligible for the voter ID card.
- Athens man accused of selling crack cocaine
Carly's Law to be considered today by state Senate
If state Sen. Paul Sanford's bill to legalize cannabidiol, or CBD, passes the Senate, it would still have to be passed by the House and signed by the governor. State Rep. Mike Ball's CBD bill has not yet been considered by the House.
- Temps to reach mid-70s today; chill to return Wednesday night
- More Local News Headlines