Limestone County is under a red flag warning because of critical fire weather conditions, according to Athens Fire and Rescue.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly.
The National Weather Service has issued a fire weather watch from 12-6 p.m. today in Limestone County due to low humidity conditions in North Alabama.
Any fires that develop with likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended
- Local News
BREAKING: Tanner wins 2A football championship
Tanner won its second consecutive 2A state championship with a 21-13 victory over Washington County.
- BREAKING: Burglars use stolen truck to force heist at Athens gun store
- Limestone County man charged with third-degree burglary
- Suspect sought in grocery store robbery
Funeral set Sunday for Athens woman killed in Thursday’s wreck
The funeral for Brenda “Gail” Eubanks, 60, is 2 p.m. today at Limestone Chapel Funeral Home, with burial to follow in Athens City Cemetery.
Community invited to witness journey of Holy Family
Viewers are to arrive on the west side of the Limestone County Courthouse Square a little before 3 p.m. on Dec. 22, according to pageant director Harriette Rost.
Sisk to serve as Christmas parade grand marshal
Dr. Tom Sisk is currently in his second-year as superintendent of Limestone County Schools.
- Ribbon-cutting for renovations at Farmers Market set for Saturday
- Preliminary report expected next week for Elkmont plane crash
- 2 arrested on drug charges in Athens
- More Local News Headlines
- BREAKING: Tanner wins 2A football championship