Limestone County is under a red flag warning because of critical fire weather conditions, according to Athens Fire and Rescue.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly.
The National Weather Service has issued a fire weather watch from 12-6 p.m. today in Limestone County due to low humidity conditions in North Alabama.
Any fires that develop with likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended
- Local News
- APD arrests 2 on drug charges
- Moyers may be tried for murder in the fall
- Trial for accused Limestone cemetery vandal only tentatively set
Alabama man pleads guilty in 5 killings
A judge sentenced him to life imprisonment with the possibility of parole under the agreement. Underwood could be eligible for release in less than 15 years.
- Mauldin elected chairman pro tem of Athens State Board of Trustees
- Section of Neal Road on Redstone Arsenal closed for resurfacing project
Northeast Alabama men charged with animal cruelty
68-year-old William Allen Stewart and 51-year-old Major Lavaughn Ford are each charged with 19 misdemeanor counts of cruelty to animals.
Smithsonian Exhibition coming to Athens
The Limestone County Archives, in cooperation with Alabama Humanities Foundation, will explore the professions and the people that sustain American society when it hosts “The Way We Worked,” a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition.
State ranked 44th in national child well-being survey
Limestone County ranked third in the state for overall child well-being.
- Arrest reports for 7/23/14
- More Local News Headlines