The City of Athens Relay for Life team made nearly $1,700 and served more than 575 people at Tuesday's Swamp John's Supper.
The money raised will go to the American Cancer Society.
The team's next fundraiser is the annual Celebrity Waiters Night at Applebee's from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. March 12. City of Athens Relay for Life team organizers said come out and tip your waiters to help support Relay.
- Local News
- Trial for accused Limestone cemetery vandal only tentatively set
Alabama man pleads guilty in 5 killings
A judge sentenced him to life imprisonment with the possibility of parole under the agreement. Underwood could be eligible for release in less than 15 years.
- Mauldin elected chairman pro tem of Athens State Board of Trustees
- Section of Neal Road on Redstone Arsenal closed for resurfacing project
Northeast Alabama men charged with animal cruelty
68-year-old William Allen Stewart and 51-year-old Major Lavaughn Ford are each charged with 19 misdemeanor counts of cruelty to animals.
Smithsonian Exhibition coming to Athens
The Limestone County Archives, in cooperation with Alabama Humanities Foundation, will explore the professions and the people that sustain American society when it hosts “The Way We Worked,” a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition.
State ranked 44th in national child well-being survey
Limestone County ranked third in the state for overall child well-being.
- Arrest reports for 7/23/14
- Trial set for motorcyclist shooter might be postponed again
- Trial set again in borrowed movies murder
- More Local News Headlines