The City of Athens Relay for Life team made nearly $1,700 and served more than 575 people at Tuesday's Swamp John's Supper.
The money raised will go to the American Cancer Society.
The team's next fundraiser is the annual Celebrity Waiters Night at Applebee's from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. March 12. City of Athens Relay for Life team organizers said come out and tip your waiters to help support Relay.
- Local News
- Mobile Madison Vet Center to visit Veterans Museum in Athens on Saturday
- Volunteers sought to work Athens community garden
Limestone County budget hearings: EMA seeks funds to maintain sirens
The EMA seeks to replace the speaker drivers and gear drive motor kits in the devices, as well as rent bucket trucks for crews to reach them.
- Limestone Commission changes eastern polling locations
American Farm Heritage Days
22nd annual event in Piney Chapel this weekend
Cold air sets new records across Alabama
In Huntsville, Wednesday's low of 56 broke the previous record of 60 from 1914.
- Lindsay Lane closed between Strain and Huntsville-Browns Ferry roads
North Alabama school district to use volunteers for security
State Rep. Johnny Mack Morrow says Franklin County plan will be the only one of its type in the state.
Officials weigh in on proposed special session on industrial incentives
State Rep. Dan Williams said he couldn’t say if a special session would be beneficial and added he would like to see more details about what Bentley is proposing.
- Witnesses: Burning rat caused Athens fire to spread; fire officials doubtful
- More Local News Headlines