A Decatur man was killed Sunday night in a two-vehicle crash in Limestone County, according to published media reports.
Troopers are investigating the crash, which occurred on I-65 at mile marker 363, about 4 miles south of Ardmore. The crash happened at 7:15 p.m.
Two vehicles reportedly collided on the interstate, and one left the road and flipped several times. Troopers said George Thomas Bolden, 49, of Decatur, was killed in the crash.
An unknown vehicle left the scene.
Troopers said Bolden was wearing a seatbelt.
- Local News
- Arrest reports for 8/2/14
- Man charged after search with deputies, dogs
- 4 co-op employees - 1 from Limestone - accused of falsifying harvest load weights
- UPDATE: 4-car crash reported on U.S. 72
- Golden Phoenix to replace H.G. Grill in Athens
3 years, 3,700 togas
Organizers for the Athens Grease Festival announced this year they will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the biggest toga party.
Sales tax holiday on school supplies underway
The sales tax holiday can add up to big savings for some shoppers, as the state’s 4 percent sales tax is suspended during the period of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 1, through midnight on Sunday, Aug. 3.
- Walking horse show to be held this evening at sheriff's arena
- North Alabama school system's plan won't include armed guards
- Arrest reports for 8/1/14
- More Local News Headlines