A firefighter puts out hot spots in the kitchen of a Clements home after the wall caught fire Monday afternoon. A plumber was soldering faucet fittings when firefighters say an unknown material inside the wall caught fire. The plumber was leaving the job at the structure next to Clements Baptist Church when he noticed smoke pouring from the garage. He called 911 before returning to the house and warning homeowner Dean Cockrum, who was able to move his dogs out of the house. Clements and Owens crews responded to the fire. Firefighters said if the plumber had not called, the house could have been lost within 10-15 minutes.
- Local News
Cold air sets new records across Alabama
In Huntsville, Wednesday's low of 56 broke the previous record of 60 from 1914.
- Lindsay Lane closed between Strain and Huntsville-Browns Ferry roads
North Alabama school district to use volunteers for security
State Rep. Johnny Mack Morrow says Franklin County plan will be the only one of its type in the state.
Officials weigh in on proposed special session on industrial incentives
State Rep. Dan Williams said he couldn’t say if a special session would be beneficial and added he would like to see more details about what Bentley is proposing.
- Witnesses: Burning rat caused Athens fire to spread; fire officials doubtful
- Arrest reports for 7/30/14
3 arrested on meth charges
Each of the arrested has been charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance.
Fire destroys Ardmore home, kills two dogs
A police officer who arrived on the scene within three minutes reported the two-story wood-frame home was already engulfed in flames.
- Woman charged with punching corrections officer
- Athens man pleads not guilty in kitten killings
- More Local News Headlines
- Cold air sets new records across Alabama