Raids at four Athens homes have led to the arrest of nine people on drug-related charges.
And, as many as 16 people may be arrested before Athens Police are through, Chief Floyd Johnson said.
Officers recovered crack cocaine, marijuana and prescription pills during the searches, Capt. Trevor Harris said.
More arrests are pending as police find the suspects.
“We have a few more warrants to serve, so there may be 16 arrests when it’s all done," Johnson told The News Courier.
Officers conducted three of the four searches simultaneously at 1208 Plato Jones St., 1210 Plato Jones St., and 305 Bridgeforth St. in Athens, Harris said. The fourth was served at 209 Southwind Drive, Apt. 13, he said. These people were charged with one of more counts of distribution of a controlled substance, a felony. They include:
• Carolyn Sue Hill, 52, of 1210 Plato Jones St., Athens, one count;
• Randall Wade Holt, 50, of 1313 Plato Jones, Athens, one count;
• Kyle Andre House, 22, of 1302 Pruitt St., Athens, one count plus possession of a controlled substance and first-degree possession of marijuana;
• Misty Ophelia Mitchell, 32, of 100 E. Sanderfer Road, Apt. 130, Athens, three counts;
• Harold Kintrell Robinson, 34, of 209 Southwind Drive, Athens, two counts of distribution and one count of illegal possession of prescription drugs;
• Donald Ray Stinnett, 57, of 1704 Hine St., Athens, one count;
• Kevaun Roosevelt Turner, 21, of 106 Shaw St., Athens, one count of distribution and one count of driving while his license was suspended for which he was sentenced to serve 21 days;
• Willie Mack Turner, 51, of 1208 Plato Jones, Athens, one count;
• Cheri Jean Twitty, 39, of 705 Second St., Athens, one count of distribution and one count of failing to appear in court on a previous charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
All but Kyle, Robinson and Kevaun and Willie Turner were released from the Limestone County Jail Thursday after posting bail of $10,000 for each distribution charge.