By Jean Cole
— Athens City Council members expect to vote Monday on the fiscal 2014 budget, hold public hearings on abating weeds at various properties and vote on mechanical and electrical work bids for the new City Hall during their regular monthly meeting. The meeting is at 5:30 p.m. in the municipal courtroom at the Athens Police Department at 951 E. Hobbs St. A work session precedes the meeting at 4:30 p.m. in the courtroom. Both the work session and meeting are open to the public. Here is the agenda:
• Public hearings to hear comments on unsafe structures at the following addresses — 312 Vine St., 1204 Widow Drive, 1702 Levert Ave., 1101 Bristol St., 701 Coleman Ave., 905 W. Pryor St., 1207 N. Houston St., in Summit Lakes Subdivision.
• Resolution to approve costs with the demolition and abatement at 312 Vine St. and 1204 Widow Drive.
• Resolution to declare a public nuisance at 1702 Levert Ave., 1101 Bristol St., 701 Coleman Ave., 905 W. Pryor St., 1207 N. Houston St., and in Summit Lakes Subdivision.
• Reading of petitions, applications, complaints, appeals brought by citizens.
• Resolution to reappoint Maria Taylor and Rod Huffman to the Athens-Limestone Public Library board.
• Resolution to reappoint Johnny Crutcher, Marvin Young and Eddie Smith to the Alcoholic License Review Committee.
• Resolution to approve travel expenses for the Electric Department.
• Resolution to adopt a revised workplace violence policy.
• Resolution to approve fiscal 2014 budgets for Gas Department, Water and Wastewater, General Fund Special Revenue, General Fund, General Fund Miscellaneous and General Fund Special Infrastructure.
• Ordinance authorizing the issuance of the $900,000 general obligation warrant series 2013.
• Resolution to allocate Special Infrastructure Account Funds to Capital Projects.
• Resolution to purchase two used leaf machines.
• Resolution to approve drainage pipe on Lindsay Lane from Huntsville-Browns Ferry to Canebrake and from Forrest Street to Alabama 251.
• Resolution to accept low bids for a mechanical and an electrical package for the new City Hall.
• Ordinance abandoning a sanitary sewer easement.
• Resolution to approve the purchase of a pickup truck for the Sanitation Department.