— The Murry family poses with a Chick-fil-A mascot during Saturday’s Connect Run at the Athens Wellness Center. From left are Fredya and Marcus Murry, who ran the 5K race, and their daughters Mariel, 3, and Mya, 6. The event drew more than 400 runners to the Athens Wellness Center on a picturesque Saturday morning. Proceeds from the 10K, 5K and 1-mile races went to the Bridge of Hope Adoption Ministry in Athens. Allen O’Neal won the 5K race in 16:52, and Mark Van Wagnen finished first in the 10K at 38:12.
- Local News
- North Alabama school system's plan won't include armed guards
- Arrest reports for 8/1/14
- New website tracks local sex offenders
- UPDATE: Man indicted on charges of stealing from Limestone mom
Fire damages home in Clements: Man seeks home for puppies
An early morning house fire caused significant damage to a home on Shaw Road in the Clements community Thursday.
- 2 Athens residents facing drug charges
- Madison County settles 2012 assault cause involving sheriff's deputies
Work on new residence halls underway at UNA
Director of Residence Life Kevin Jacques, along with the rest of the staff, said they are excited to see the new, modern residence halls breaking ground.
- Fire damages home in Clements
Ex-professor, Amy Bishop, fights conviction in UAH shooting
Amy Bishop pleaded guilty to shooting colleagues during a faculty meeting in February 2010. Three people died and three more were injured.
- More Local News Headlines