— A stopped train that was blocking crossings from McClellan Street to South Street has now moved on. City officials say that are still trying to determine why the train was stopped.
- Local News
- 'Bama fan seeks restitution break in Auburn tree case
- Alabama critics: School texts insult Christians
Ardmore farmland bid awarded by county school board
The 45 acres at 27905 Cedar Hill Road in Ardmore may be used only for grain crops and hay, according to lease stipulations.
- Believe it or not: Friends of Ripley wins grand prize for top float
- Ardmore farmland bid awarded by school board
County dedicates new Christmas tree, parade draws 170-plus entrants
In downtown Athens, officials lit the nearly 6-foot Yoshino Japanese cedar about an hour before the floats wound around the downtown Square on a clear night with temperatures in the mid-30s.
- Athens man accused of sexual contact with 13-year-old girl
- 2 Athens men injured in wreck, 1 critically
Enrollment in Alabama marketplace increasing
Enrollment in the state's health insurance marketplace is increasing, although the number served is only a tiny part of the uninsured in Alabama.
Santa bringing his own weather to town
... the high for today will only be about 42 degrees as the Arctic Clipper slides through.
- More Local News Headlines