Limestone County Sheriff’s officials have arrested a Georgia man on charges of sexually abusing a child under age 12 back in 2010.
Chief Investigator Stanley McNatt said investigators on Wednesday arrested Bryan Justin Myers, 36, of 3229 Margaret Drive, Montgomery, on 2010 grand jury warrants charging him with sexual abuse of child under age 12, first-degree sodomy and first-degree attempted rape.
Myers was picked up from Smith State Prison in Georgia, where he had been released from prison, and arrested on the Limestone County warrants.
McNatt said Myers had been serving time in a Georgia prison for abusing the same child.
“Some of the abuse occurred in Limestone County,” McNatt explained.
Limestone County Investigator Eric King, who died April 2, 2011, conducted the investigation of Myers, which led to his indictment on the charges in 2010.
- Local News
- Ribbon-cutting for renovations at Farmers Market set for Saturday
- Preliminary report expected next week for Elkmont plane crash
- 2 arrested on drug charges in Athens
- TOY JOY: Christmas ceremony draws 200 kids to city park
State to submit proposal for Boeing plant
Gov. Robert Bentley said Alabama will be among the states submitting a proposal next week to land the assembly plant for Boeing's new 777X aircraft.
- UPDATED: Christmas parade rescheduled for Dec. 12
Forum touches on disaster communications
The tornadoes of April 2011 may have been more than a year and a half ago, but they were a primary topic at Tuesday night’s legislative town forum.
- Countdown to T-town: No. 1 Tanner to play No. 3 WashCo. in 2A title rematch
- County OKs contract for temporary courthouse
Local stores seeing green thanks to the crimson and the blue
On Cyber Monday, customers didn’t wait until the last second to order their Auburn and Alabama apparel.
- More Local News Headlines