The National Weather Service forecast is predicting possible tornado weather for Monday. Below is a list of designated shelters currently available for public use from the Limestone EMA:
• Clements safe room, 9158 U.S. 72 West, Athens
• Goodsprings safe room, 33634 Alabama 99, Anderson
• Pleasant Grove safe room, 9080 Upper Snake Road, Athens
• West Limestone High School storm shelter, 10945 School House Road, Lester (open to the public during nonschool hours)
• Lester community shelter, 30305 Lester Road, Lester;
• Owens Elementary School storm shelter, 21465 Alabama 99, Athens (open to the public during nonschool hours);
• Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 1418 Old Railroad Bed Road, Madison;
• Ardmore City Hall safe room, 25844 Main Street, Ardmore, Tenn.
Editor’s note: The rebuilt Bethel Church of Christ, now located at Capshaw and Bledsoe roads in eastern Limestone County, has a 500-capacity safe room available for emergencies.