Autumn, left, once a resident of The Dog Pound in Athens, recently found a permanent home and a new buddy in Pennsylvania with help from a local transportation fund. The Teton Transport Fund saves local pets that might otherwise be euthanized by paying to fix, vaccinate and transport the dogs to places where they are wanted. However, the fund could use more donors to continue its work in Athens and Limestone County.
- Local News
Alabama man pleads guilty in 5 killings
A judge sentenced him to life imprisonment with the possibility of parole under the agreement. Underwood could be eligible for release in less than 15 years.
- BREAKING: Limestone County under flash flood warning until 1:30 p.m. today
- Mauldin elected chairman pro tem of Athens State Board of Trustees
- Section of Neal Road on Redstone Arsenal closed for resurfacing project
Northeast Alabama men charged with animal cruelty
68-year-old William Allen Stewart and 51-year-old Major Lavaughn Ford are each charged with 19 misdemeanor counts of cruelty to animals.
Smithsonian Exhibition coming to Athens
The Limestone County Archives, in cooperation with Alabama Humanities Foundation, will explore the professions and the people that sustain American society when it hosts “The Way We Worked,” a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition.
State ranked 44th in national child well-being survey
Limestone County ranked third in the state for overall child well-being.
- Arrest reports for 7/23/14
- Trial set for motorcyclist shooter might be postponed again
- Trial set again in borrowed movies murder
- More Local News Headlines
- Alabama man pleads guilty in 5 killings