Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Friday:
• Jessica Marie Coren, 22, of 28068 Odie Scott Drive, Ardmore, second-degree theft
• Patrick Orion Dildine, 34, of 9911 U.S. 72 West, Lot 3, Athens, driving while revoked
• Holly Jane Meeks, 26, of 25026 Seventh St., Ardmore, violated probation on third-degree robbery
• Edward Austin Miller, 21, of 26305 Pettusville Road, Elkmont, third-degree domestic violence (harassment)
• Laron Cortez Redus, 26, of 13949 Nancy Lou Loop, Athens, violated probation on conviction for first-degree possession of marijuana
• Richard Scott Sizemore, 22, of 21171 Ashley Brook Way, Elkmont, driving under the influence and driving while suspended
Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following thefts Friday:
• Global-positioning system valued at $300 stolen between Oct. 30 and Sunday from vehicle in 22000 block Howard Street
• RCA brand 42-inch television, two toolboxes with tools, a JVC brand CD changer, Sony brand PlayStation 2 game console and window air-conditioner, total value $1,900, stolen during burglary at Lovell Mini Storage off Alabama 99 between Oct. 1 and Thursday
• Redstone Federal Credit Union debit card stolen Sunday from 22000 block Yarbough Road
Athens Police Department reported the following arrests Friday:
• Sacha Jean Johnson, 33, of 135 Johnson Road, Athens, theft of property
• Alishia Shavon Miland, 26, of 1506 Douthit St. S.W., Decatur, no driver’s license and violating noise ordinance (sentenced from court)
Athens Police Department reported the following thefts Friday:
• Two knives, 1972 class ring, Catholic high school volleyball bag with equipment, Grundig brand portable radio, VCR/DVD recorder, Sony brand Bravia 48-inch television and jewelry boxes, total value $$1,850, stolen during burglary Thursday at 101 Yorkshire Drive
• Samsung brand T-Mobile cellular telephone stolen Thursday from 716 E. Hobbs St.
• Four-wheeler, utility trailer, toolbox, circular saw, extension cord, Paslode brand nails, wood level, framing square, bevel squares, post levels and assorted hand tools, total value $4,320, stolen Thursday or Friday from 20104 Mary Ella St.
- Local News
Athens State's tuition to increase 6 to 9 percent
Sex offender arrested over travel plans
The warrant was issued after Wells was not at his residence on several occasions during resident checks on the week of April 11.
Athens man arrested for stolen credit card, other charges
McFarland is accused of taking his father’s medication and his wallet, which contained cash and credit cards, on April 10.
- UPDATE: Power restored after wreck damages Lindsay Lane utility pole
Athens hospital board approves low-interest $10M loan, guaranty deal with Huntsville Hospital
The 10-year loan through PNC Bank is replacing a $7.1 million bond for ALH, with an interest rate fixed at 1.92 percent.
BREAKING: Limestone man arrested after shooting man in chest
The shooting victim was taken to Huntsville Hospital and is listed in fair condition in the surgical intensive care unit, said hospital spokeswoman Pam Sparks.
- Sheriff: Elkmont couple arrested on meth charges with child present
BREAKING: Traffic accident damages utility pole on Lindsay Lane
Athens Utilities has closed Lindsay Lane from Strain Road to Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road. It will be closed until 4:30 p.m. today.
Architect approved for upgrades to East senior center
The upgrades at the East Limestone Senior Center include a 14-by-14-foot safe room for 28 occupants.
- Morgan Co. deputy resigns after Wal-Mart shooting
- More Local News Headlines
- Athens State's tuition to increase 6 to 9 percent