Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Friday:
• Jessica Marie Coren, 22, of 28068 Odie Scott Drive, Ardmore, second-degree theft
• Patrick Orion Dildine, 34, of 9911 U.S. 72 West, Lot 3, Athens, driving while revoked
• Holly Jane Meeks, 26, of 25026 Seventh St., Ardmore, violated probation on third-degree robbery
• Edward Austin Miller, 21, of 26305 Pettusville Road, Elkmont, third-degree domestic violence (harassment)
• Laron Cortez Redus, 26, of 13949 Nancy Lou Loop, Athens, violated probation on conviction for first-degree possession of marijuana
• Richard Scott Sizemore, 22, of 21171 Ashley Brook Way, Elkmont, driving under the influence and driving while suspended
Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following thefts Friday:
• Global-positioning system valued at $300 stolen between Oct. 30 and Sunday from vehicle in 22000 block Howard Street
• RCA brand 42-inch television, two toolboxes with tools, a JVC brand CD changer, Sony brand PlayStation 2 game console and window air-conditioner, total value $1,900, stolen during burglary at Lovell Mini Storage off Alabama 99 between Oct. 1 and Thursday
• Redstone Federal Credit Union debit card stolen Sunday from 22000 block Yarbough Road
Athens Police Department reported the following arrests Friday:
• Sacha Jean Johnson, 33, of 135 Johnson Road, Athens, theft of property
• Alishia Shavon Miland, 26, of 1506 Douthit St. S.W., Decatur, no driver’s license and violating noise ordinance (sentenced from court)
Athens Police Department reported the following thefts Friday:
• Two knives, 1972 class ring, Catholic high school volleyball bag with equipment, Grundig brand portable radio, VCR/DVD recorder, Sony brand Bravia 48-inch television and jewelry boxes, total value $$1,850, stolen during burglary Thursday at 101 Yorkshire Drive
• Samsung brand T-Mobile cellular telephone stolen Thursday from 716 E. Hobbs St.
• Four-wheeler, utility trailer, toolbox, circular saw, extension cord, Paslode brand nails, wood level, framing square, bevel squares, post levels and assorted hand tools, total value $4,320, stolen Thursday or Friday from 20104 Mary Ella St.
- Local News
- Mobile Madison Vet Center to visit Veterans Museum in Athens on Saturday
- Volunteers sought to work Athens community garden
Limestone County budget hearings: EMA seeks funds to maintain sirens
The EMA seeks to replace the speaker drivers and gear drive motor kits in the devices, as well as rent bucket trucks for crews to reach them.
- Limestone Commission changes eastern polling locations
American Farm Heritage Days
22nd annual event in Piney Chapel this weekend
Cold air sets new records across Alabama
In Huntsville, Wednesday's low of 56 broke the previous record of 60 from 1914.
- Lindsay Lane closed between Strain and Huntsville-Browns Ferry roads
North Alabama school district to use volunteers for security
State Rep. Johnny Mack Morrow says Franklin County plan will be the only one of its type in the state.
Officials weigh in on proposed special session on industrial incentives
State Rep. Dan Williams said he couldn’t say if a special session would be beneficial and added he would like to see more details about what Bentley is proposing.
- Witnesses: Burning rat caused Athens fire to spread; fire officials doubtful
- More Local News Headlines