Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Friday:
• Jessica Marie Coren, 22, of 28068 Odie Scott Drive, Ardmore, second-degree theft
• Patrick Orion Dildine, 34, of 9911 U.S. 72 West, Lot 3, Athens, driving while revoked
• Holly Jane Meeks, 26, of 25026 Seventh St., Ardmore, violated probation on third-degree robbery
• Edward Austin Miller, 21, of 26305 Pettusville Road, Elkmont, third-degree domestic violence (harassment)
• Laron Cortez Redus, 26, of 13949 Nancy Lou Loop, Athens, violated probation on conviction for first-degree possession of marijuana
• Richard Scott Sizemore, 22, of 21171 Ashley Brook Way, Elkmont, driving under the influence and driving while suspended
Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following thefts Friday:
• Global-positioning system valued at $300 stolen between Oct. 30 and Sunday from vehicle in 22000 block Howard Street
• RCA brand 42-inch television, two toolboxes with tools, a JVC brand CD changer, Sony brand PlayStation 2 game console and window air-conditioner, total value $1,900, stolen during burglary at Lovell Mini Storage off Alabama 99 between Oct. 1 and Thursday
• Redstone Federal Credit Union debit card stolen Sunday from 22000 block Yarbough Road
Athens Police Department reported the following arrests Friday:
• Sacha Jean Johnson, 33, of 135 Johnson Road, Athens, theft of property
• Alishia Shavon Miland, 26, of 1506 Douthit St. S.W., Decatur, no driver’s license and violating noise ordinance (sentenced from court)
Athens Police Department reported the following thefts Friday:
• Two knives, 1972 class ring, Catholic high school volleyball bag with equipment, Grundig brand portable radio, VCR/DVD recorder, Sony brand Bravia 48-inch television and jewelry boxes, total value $$1,850, stolen during burglary Thursday at 101 Yorkshire Drive
• Samsung brand T-Mobile cellular telephone stolen Thursday from 716 E. Hobbs St.
• Four-wheeler, utility trailer, toolbox, circular saw, extension cord, Paslode brand nails, wood level, framing square, bevel squares, post levels and assorted hand tools, total value $4,320, stolen Thursday or Friday from 20104 Mary Ella St.
- Local News
- South Alabama deputy killed while responding to wreck
Resurrection carries special meaning in today’s world
The celebration of Good Friday and Easter holds great significance especially in this day and age to Christians, according to an Athens State religion professor.
Singing on the Square steps off tonight
If it’s the third Friday in April … it’s time for some Singing on the Square.
- Athens sex offender cited for failing to have I.D. at motel
- Developer gets 9-month prison stay for filling up marsh to sell land
‘Fish for a Cure’ tournament to benefit fight against cancer
The City of Athens Relay for Life team is hosting the third annual Bass Fishing Tournament next month to “fish for a cure.” Money raised will go to the American Cancer Society.
Should an anonymous post remain anonymous?
Attorneys for the online media company filed a motion to quash, saying the person who posted the comment has a First Amendment right to free speech and should be protected.
- 4 Limestone students named to All-State band
- BREAKING: 2-vehicle accident on AL 251 in front of Bethel Grocery
- BREAKING: Fuel spill on Bethel Road
- More Local News Headlines