Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Wednesday:
• Donnie Joe Dixon, 34, of 18763 State Line Road, Ardmore, attempted possession of a forged instrument
• Deda Michelle Graham, 37, of 26576 Nick Davis Road, Athens, two counts of negotiating a worthless negotiable instrument
• Tyrone Clyde Grant, 52, of 2710 Winchester Road, Huntsville, first-degree theft; arrested on grand jury indictment warrant from May
• Tammy Mitchell, 35, of 26927 Pettusville Road, Elkmont, fraudulent use of a credit card
• John Thomas Posey, 32, of 20840 Simpson Road, Elkmont, violated terms of probation on conviction for first-degree manufacturing a controlled substance
• Melody Jo Stewart, 47, of 1606 Cagle Ave., Decatur, possession of drug paraphernalia
• Virgil Dwight Stewart, 44, of 1606 Cagle Ave., Decatur, possession of a forged instrument (warrant from Colbert County)
Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following thefts Wednesday:
• 1989 Chevrolet pickup and John Deere riding mower, total value $4,200, stolen between October and Wednesday from Pettusville Road, no block number available
Athens Police Department reported the following arrests Wednesday:
• Robert Lee Brown, 50, of Seven Mile Post and Quinn Road apartments, probation revoked on conviction for driving under the influence
• Kevaun Hamilton Turner, 18, of 506 Irvin St., Athens, domestic violence (assault)
• Donnie E. Collier, 56, of 813 Westmoreland, Athens, third-degree theft of property
Athens Police Department reported the following thefts Wednesday:
• Meat and cheese valued at $25 stolen Tuesday from L & S Food Market at 1301 N. Jefferson St.
• Two Hewlett Packard brand computers, total value $1,196, stolen between Saturday and Tuesday from Walmart at 1011 U.S. 72 East
Athens-Limestone Hospital reported no admissions or discharges Wednesday.
Admissions and discharges represent only those who agree to have their names published.
- Local News
Alabama man pleads guilty in 5 killings
A judge sentenced him to life imprisonment with the possibility of parole under the agreement. Underwood could be eligible for release in less than 15 years.
- BREAKING: Limestone County under flash flood warning until 1:30 p.m. today
- Mauldin elected chairman pro tem of Athens State Board of Trustees
- Section of Neal Road on Redstone Arsenal closed for resurfacing project
Northeast Alabama men charged with animal cruelty
68-year-old William Allen Stewart and 51-year-old Major Lavaughn Ford are each charged with 19 misdemeanor counts of cruelty to animals.
Smithsonian Exhibition coming to Athens
The Limestone County Archives, in cooperation with Alabama Humanities Foundation, will explore the professions and the people that sustain American society when it hosts “The Way We Worked,” a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition.
State ranked 44th in national child well-being survey
Limestone County ranked third in the state for overall child well-being.
- Arrest reports for 7/23/14
- Trial set for motorcyclist shooter might be postponed again
- Trial set again in borrowed movies murder
- More Local News Headlines
- Alabama man pleads guilty in 5 killings