Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Wednesday:
• Donnie Joe Dixon, 34, of 18763 State Line Road, Ardmore, attempted possession of a forged instrument
• Deda Michelle Graham, 37, of 26576 Nick Davis Road, Athens, two counts of negotiating a worthless negotiable instrument
• Tyrone Clyde Grant, 52, of 2710 Winchester Road, Huntsville, first-degree theft; arrested on grand jury indictment warrant from May
• Tammy Mitchell, 35, of 26927 Pettusville Road, Elkmont, fraudulent use of a credit card
• John Thomas Posey, 32, of 20840 Simpson Road, Elkmont, violated terms of probation on conviction for first-degree manufacturing a controlled substance
• Melody Jo Stewart, 47, of 1606 Cagle Ave., Decatur, possession of drug paraphernalia
• Virgil Dwight Stewart, 44, of 1606 Cagle Ave., Decatur, possession of a forged instrument (warrant from Colbert County)
Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following thefts Wednesday:
• 1989 Chevrolet pickup and John Deere riding mower, total value $4,200, stolen between October and Wednesday from Pettusville Road, no block number available
Athens Police Department reported the following arrests Wednesday:
• Robert Lee Brown, 50, of Seven Mile Post and Quinn Road apartments, probation revoked on conviction for driving under the influence
• Kevaun Hamilton Turner, 18, of 506 Irvin St., Athens, domestic violence (assault)
• Donnie E. Collier, 56, of 813 Westmoreland, Athens, third-degree theft of property
Athens Police Department reported the following thefts Wednesday:
• Meat and cheese valued at $25 stolen Tuesday from L & S Food Market at 1301 N. Jefferson St.
• Two Hewlett Packard brand computers, total value $1,196, stolen between Saturday and Tuesday from Walmart at 1011 U.S. 72 East
Athens-Limestone Hospital reported no admissions or discharges Wednesday.
Admissions and discharges represent only those who agree to have their names published.
- Local News
- Arrest reports for 8/2/14
- Man charged after search with deputies, dogs
- 4 co-op employees - 1 from Limestone - accused of falsifying harvest load weights
- UPDATE: 4-car crash reported on U.S. 72
- Golden Phoenix to replace H.G. Grill in Athens
3 years, 3,700 togas
Organizers for the Athens Grease Festival announced this year they will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the biggest toga party.
Sales tax holiday on school supplies underway
The sales tax holiday can add up to big savings for some shoppers, as the state’s 4 percent sales tax is suspended during the period of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 1, through midnight on Sunday, Aug. 3.
- Walking horse show to be held this evening at sheriff's arena
- North Alabama school system's plan won't include armed guards
- Arrest reports for 8/1/14
- More Local News Headlines