— Limestone County is under a severe thunderstorm warning until 2:30 p.m. A recent dispatch report indicated dime-sized hail near the Owens fire station. Another dispatch report said pea-sized hail was accumulating on roads in the Good Springs community, making some roads unsafe for travel.
- Local News
- Athens delays vote on retiree bonuses
- BREAKING: Federal Mogul's $5M expansion to bring 11 jobs
- Foul play ruled out in death of cupcake truck driver
- ALERT: Lindsay Lane closed through the week
NWS: Alabama could see more cool weather records
The cooler weather will hang around for a few days, with daytime highs expected in the 80s in central Alabama into the weekend.
Tanner's Bill Bridgeforth among two Alabama farmers being honored by White House
Bridgeforth and Lee Haynes of Cullman are among 15 people being recognized as so-called "Champions of Change" in Washington on Tuesday.
- State firefighters head west
- Athens council to consider abatement, civil rights recognition, liquor store
- Athens State University to present history of women in Alabama
- Athens-Limestone United Way seeks teacher noms ahead of annual event
- More Local News Headlines