By Kim West
The fate of funding requests for fiscal 2014 will not be released until the county’s budget is unveiled Sept. 16, but the County Commission will consider approving an agreement with the Mental Health Center of North Central Alabama during its next regular meeting.
Tuesday’s agenda will include a resolution for an agreement with the Decatur-based center to continue providing an on-site juvenile court liaison. County officials said the cost of the agreement is $57,570, which is the same amount appropriated last year for the service.
The MHCNCA, which serves Lawrence, Limestone and Morgan counties, operates the Athens-Limestone Counseling Center at 1307 E. Elm St.
The center has requested $140,000 for fiscal 2014, compared to the current fiscal year allocation of $110,000.
The commission will consider the following during Tuesday’s regular meeting:
• Approving general obligation warrants for the Limestone County Jail expansion and other capital costs;
• Paying construction invoice payments for the new Athens-Limestone Public Library that does not require additional funding;
• Re-appointing Carol Russell, the Rev. Antoyne Green and Billy Maples for six-year terms to the Limestone County Department of Human Resources;
• Promoting Dannie Miller to District 2 foreman;
• Authorizing the county administrator to approve departmental budget revisions as needed for end-of-year procedures; and
• Accepting District 3 requests for 1.88 miles of chip seal resurfacing for $17,900 and .60 miles for new chip seal paving for $12,500.
The commission will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3, at the Clinton Street courthouse annex due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday.