— A two-vehicle traffic accident that sent three people to the hospital stalled traffic along U.S. 72 West near Athens Tuesday afternoon. The wreck occurred around 2:15 p.m. at the intersection of Blackburn Road and 72. Two vehicles — a Toyota 4Runner and a Nissan Xterra — were involved in the accident that ended with both SUVs upside down off the westbound side of the road.
- Local News
- Arrest reports for 7/30/14
3 arrested on meth charges
Each of the arrested has been charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance.
Fire destroys Ardmore home, kills two dogs
A police officer who arrived on the scene within three minutes reported the two-story wood-frame home was already engulfed in flames.
- Rat's their story
- Woman charged with punching corrections officer
- Athens man pleads not guilty in kitten killings
Northwest Alabama fighting job losses
Friday's announcement that izzy+ would close a furniture plant by summer 2015 and leave 200 workers out of a job was the latest in a barrage of similar bad news.
- Sidewalk work underway on Hine Street
- Slots remain for landowner estate planning session in Athens
- Returning Mother Nature’s mess
- More Local News Headlines