- Local News
Section of Hobbs Street closed for week
Hobbs Street between the railroad tracks and Clinton Street will be closed for a week for the sewer replacement project.
First Baptist hosting annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday
First Baptist Church of Athens is hosting the annual Giant Easter Party and Egg Hunt on Saturday at Swan Creek Park.
Overnight freeze could be trouble for plants
Tonight’s unseasonal freeze could be deadly to plants – even if they are covered, according to Ken Creel, the extension agent for Limestone, Madison and Morgan counties.
Athens Utilities sets planned outage Wednesday in Holland Heights area
Athens Utilities will have a planned outage Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Holland Heights area around Hall and Glover roads.
Winds gusts of up to 35 mph expected in Alabama
Wind gusts of up to 35 mph are expected across much of Alabama.
- PHOTO: East students named to Honor Band
- Portion of Hobbs Street closed today for week-long sewer project
- UPDATE: Athens City Council meeting notes
- City inspector in Afghanistan sends flag home in thanks
- Huntsville man charged with passing fake $20 bills
- More Local News Headlines
- Section of Hobbs Street closed for week