- Local News
- Huntsville man charged with passing fake $20 bills
Tax filing deadline at midnight Tuesday
According to IRS spokesman Dan Boone, the Free File link at irs.gov will enable taxpayers to request an automatic extension in a matter of minutes. Filing the form (Form 4868) will give taxpayers until Oct. 15 to file, he said.
- Athens plant adding 11 new jobs, other projects on horizon
Joining the herd: Chick-fil-A Connect Run draws record number of entrants
A record 452 runners and walkers turned out for the 5K, 10K and 1-mile races as part of the Chick-fil-A Connect Run held Saturday in downtown Athens. To view more photos, visit The News Courier's photo gallery at http://thenewscourier.smugmug.com.
- APD searching for two males involved in Tanner ATM heist
- Athens Fire and Rescue engine truck involved in wreck on I-65
Strong storms, hail possible in northern Alabama
Forecasters warn there's a chance of severe weather including strong thunderstorms and hail in north Alabama.
- Motorist strikes Athens fire truck on Interstate 65
Alabama attorneys try to get distracted driving message to students
Cellphone use is blamed for 18 percent of traffic fatalities in distraction-related crashes, statistics show.
- PHOTO: West students named to Honor Band
- More Local News Headlines