- Local News
Athens Utilities sets planned outage Wednesday in Holland Heights area
Athens Utilities will have a planned outage Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Holland Heights area around Hall and Glover roads.
Winds gusts of up to 35 mph expected in Alabama
Wind gusts of up to 35 mph are expected across much of Alabama.
- PHOTO: East students named to Honor Band
- Portion of Hobbs Street closed today for week-long sewer project
- UPDATE: Athens City Council meeting notes
- City inspector in Afghanistan sends flag home in thanks
- Huntsville man charged with passing fake $20 bills
Tax filing deadline at midnight Tuesday
According to IRS spokesman Dan Boone, the Free File link at irs.gov will enable taxpayers to request an automatic extension in a matter of minutes. Filing the form (Form 4868) will give taxpayers until Oct. 15 to file, he said.
- Athens plant adding 11 new jobs, other projects on horizon
Joining the herd: Chick-fil-A Connect Run draws record number of entrants
A record 452 runners and walkers turned out for the 5K, 10K and 1-mile races as part of the Chick-fil-A Connect Run held Saturday in downtown Athens. To view more photos, visit The News Courier's photo gallery at http://thenewscourier.smugmug.com.
- More Local News Headlines
- Athens Utilities sets planned outage Wednesday in Holland Heights area