- Local News
Walk to raise tremor awareness set for March 22
The North Alabama Essential Tremor Support Group will walk at 2 p.m., March 22, at the Madison Wellness Center at 8391 U.S. 72 West.
- Clem rape sentence stands following Appeals Court ruling
- Madison man charged with domestic violence strangulation
- Narcotics officers bust meth lab
- Sex offender arrested for staying at unauthorized address
- Limestone man arrested for having cockfighting pit
- Fallen principal apologizes to community
- Sheriff: Reward offered for stolen dog
Mardi Gras parade set for Tuesday on The Square
New attractions this year include rides for the kids on the Lion’s Club Carnival Train, unique lighted headpieces worn by the ArtHeads, “Make your own Beads” activity tables and a costume contest.
Move to recycling carts boosts participation
In August 2013, the city switched to single-stream recycling, which prevents the city from having to sort recyclables. In the change to single-stream, the city eliminated its 18-gallon green bins and switched to the 96-gallon blue carts.
- More Local News Headlines
- Walk to raise tremor awareness set for March 22