- Local News
Retired Athens educator a mentor
It’s been said she “broke the mold” and had a “rare gift” and that there was no awkward line between being a teacher and a friend.
- UPDATED: Celebrity waiters draw beer, serve food to battle cancer
Search warrant leads to arrest of two Athens men
Both men were booked at the Police Department and transferred to the county jail.
- 2 injured in multiple-vehicle wreck in Athens
California man held in Lawrence Co. confesses to 40 killings
Prosecutors say a man charged with murdering nine people in California has told authorities that he has killed up to 40 people.
- A.G. announces jail sentence for former coroner
- PHOTO: Clements students named to Honor Band
- Pipe organ gets new life at Athens State
Brookhill educator in running for Alabama Teacher of the Year
Leopard has taught first grade for more than six years. “I love teaching and I love my kids,” she said. “I encourage them to keep on keeping on and to read as much as they possibly can as well as push themselves to do better.”
Board renews Clements principal’s contract, hires McCain as Colts’ football coach
Limestone school officials stabilized three of the most high-profile leadership positions at Clements High Schools, renewing Principal Keith Hairrell's contract, hiring Cody McCain as head football coach and bringing in Cedar Hill Elementary School reading coach Susan Mullins as interim assistant principal.
- More Local News Headlines
- Retired Athens educator a mentor