• Approved Derrick, Inc., of Birmingham as the low bidder at $90,000 for a new Digger Derrick Unit for the Electric Department.
• Approved low bidder Garnet Electric of Florence at $320,293 for an upgrade to the Athens District Electric Substation.
• Approved purchase of a new Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA) at $51,900 for the Utilities Department to replace a 1990s model for which the department can no longer obtain replacement parts.
• Re-appointed David McPherson to the city of Athens Board of Education.
• Made a one-time-only appropriation of $20,000 to the Family Resource Center to see the agency through the calendar year.
• Approved purchase of a pick-up truck from the state bid list for the Building Inspection Department for $18,189
• Approved hiring four temporary workers for General Fund Departments for $22,000; four temporary workers for the Utility Department for $22,000.
• Suspended the rules to vote on a recommendation by the Athens Planning Commission to change the zoning of the Limestone County Events Center and Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives from its present M-1 light industrial to B-4 Central Business District.
• Approved a permit to sell alcohol for Burrito Express, 1260-C U.S. 72 East. The permit will have to go to the Alcohol Review Board and then back to the council for final approval.