- Men charged with child abuse, porno among 133 indicted Five Limestone County men have been formally charged by a Limestone County grand jury on separate felony charges involving child abuse or child pornography, records show.
- DOC to turn over Barksdale records to media today The Department of Corrections announced Monday that it would make available for viewing by the media all prison records concerning the death of Farron Barksdale at 9 a.m. today.
- Police identify victims of fatal accident
- ABS wins two in Class 1A, Area 14 tourney as play continues Athens Bible School’s quest to defend the Class 1A state softball title began Monday with the Class 1A, Area 14 tournament.
- Wash hands, avoid the sick to guard against flu One school official said Monday that personal hygiene lessons taught in day-to-day classes take on added importance in the threat of swine flu.
- Major sidewalk project planned The city of Athens has received nearly $400,000 in stimulus package funds through the Alabama Department of Transportation to build a greenway, or major sidewalk project, on the east side of Athens.
Turner Machine adding new jobs
Turner Machine of Athens is set to add 12 new jobs over the next three years.
NRC to discuss Unit 1 reactor restart at Browns Ferry
Nuclear Regulatory Commission officials will meet with Tennessee Valley Authority officials Monday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Calhoun Community College to discuss the status of TVA's restart efforts for the Unit 1 reactor at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant.
Still no sign of reported downed helicopter
Officials still do not know if a report of a downed helicopter in Limestone County Wednesday afternoon was bogus.
- Thursday fog blamed for wrecks The late American poet Carl Sandburg wrote, “The fog comes on little cat feet,” but for Limestone County motorists, the fog came with a bang and a crash Thursday morning.
- More News Headlines