- Tornado Outbreak 2011
- FEMA: 18 percent of tornado grants approved
- Storm victims asked to stay in touch
FEMA officials make last call for storm aid applications
After the July 18 deadline it will be too late to register for aid. So please, everyone needs to take responsibility for their own recovery and let us help.
- TVA electrical grid restored
Recovery group reports lull in cases, but expects to see increase in volume
Agency leaders serving on the United Way’s Recovery Committee say there’s a lull in cases related to the April 27 tornadoes, but believe the volume will increase significantly in the coming months.
- FEMA, SBA deadline extended; workshops to be held
Bentley requests extension on federal debris removal
Debris removal is continuing to progress in Limestone County and statewide, but the county may soon see its cost-share rise.
- 2 added to tornado fatalities
- Disaster funds available to local farmers
Cattle farmers work to put storm’s effects behind them
Raising cattle isn’t exactly easy work, and some of the county’s cattle farmers have worked harder than ever following the April 27 tornadoes.
- More Tornado Outbreak 2011 Headlines