— Members of the Limestone County Veterans Burial Detail salute the flag as the audience recites the Pledge of Allegiance Sunday at Athens City Cemetery. Veterans and civilians paid respects to Thomas Belue Box, a U.S. sailor who died when his ship, the USS Frank E. Evans DD-754, sank during a training accident in 1969. A stone marker commemorating the sinking of the Evans and the loss of the Athens native was unveiled at the Box family plot Sunday.
- Top Local News
Holladay outlines five-year plan
Much of how the city of Athens will look in the next five years is contingent on Athens City Schools’ Capital Plan.Continued ...
Ideas for major changes in the facilities of the Athens City Schools were unveiled in detail to the public Tuesday as city government and school officials met to discuss the capital plan.
- Walking Horse Show makeup date set for Aug. 1
- Storms possible across Limestone through Thursday
- Body pulled from lake identified as missing woman
- Arrest reports for 7/22/14
- Holladay outlines five-year plan
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
- Local Sports
Strong local presence at state All-Star Week
Some of the top rising seniors from the Athens-Limestone area will play in six of the games, beginning with softball and soccer games Tuesday.Continued ...
- Before politics, Seibert played for the Tide
- State softball tournament begins in Athens today
- Run with goats Saturday
- Athens softball team wins state
- Strong local presence at state All-Star Week
Arkansas State player earns conference honors
Qushaun Lee led conference in tackles with 134 —the sixth most tackles in conference history and most by an Arkansas State player since 1991.Continued ...
- Clippers' future on line as probate trial resumes
- Tuesday could be time to 'play ball' for Biloxi
- Manchester United adds Hernandez for U.S. tour
- AP sources: Bon Jovi part of group eyeing Bills
- Arkansas State player earns conference honors
- Calendar of Events