Last week Lindsay Lane Christian Academy and Athens Bible School kicked off a hectic commencement schedule for prep schools in Limestone County.
Along with LLCA and ABS, Tanner and Elkmont traditionally stage their graduations in their gymnasiums.
The Ombudsman Center, a countywide credit recovery program, will be indoors and is graduating 44 students. Many are choosing also to walk with their respective high schools.
The National Weather Service forecast shows Athens and East Limestone should expect a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Thursday, with mostly sunny conditions and a high near 85 degrees. The chance of rain is predicted to drop to 20 percent by nightfall, with a low around 60.
The outlook for Friday’s outdoor ceremonies at Ardmore and West is mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Below is the schedule for next week’s ceremonies:
Tuesday, May 27
• 7 p.m. — Ombudsman Center, Athens State University's Sandridge Student Center
Thursday, May 29
• 4 p.m. — Clements High School, C.T. Newman Stadium
• 6 p.m. — Tanner High School, new gymnasium
• 7 p.m. — Athens High School, Athens Stadium
• 8 p.m. — East Limestone, Phil Cavnar Field
Friday, May 30
• 4 p.m. Friday, May 30 — Ardmore High School, Cooper Field
• 6 p.m. Friday — Elkmont High School, new gym
• 8 p.m. Friday — West Limestone High School, James Kennemer Stadium