— Lincoln-Bridgeforth Park Committee will host the 17th annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ceremony at 11 a.m. today at Sweet Home Missionary Baptist Church. Speaker will be the Rev. Dr. Edward O. Jackson, pastor of The Greater New Antioch Baptist Church of Ensley. The Round Island Creek Association Male Chorus will provide music. Lunch will follow and is free to the public
- Top Local News
- The News Courier invites you to 'Sound Off'
- Carpenter acquires 2nd Delphi building – what’s in store for it?
- Limestone, Morgan and Madison counties under dense fog advisory until 9 a.m.
- Suspicious emails prompt BBB warning
- Arrest reports for 7/24/14
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Two killed in Alabama plane crash
The two were in a small airplane that took off from Pensacola, Florida, on Wednesday morning.Continued ...
- Army: Patient IDs wrongly trashed at Alabama base
- GM's Q2 profit falls 85 percent on recall costs
- Obama wants limits on U.S. company mergers abroad
- FAA lifts ban on US flights to Tel Aviv airport
- Two killed in Alabama plane crash
- Local Sports
Local athletes lead North to soccer sweep
East Limestone’s Dilan Sayer scored the opening goal and was named MVP of the boys game in a 3-0 win while Jordan Runion scored her team’s opening goal in a 3-1 for the girls.Continued ...
- Davidson helps North tie
- Tedford, Potts take on the South in All-Star hoops game
- Strong local presence at state All-Star Week
- Before politics, Seibert played for the Tide
- Local athletes lead North to soccer sweep
Jaguars sign former Crimson Tide DB Belue, waive RB Blankenship
Deion Belue played two seasons at Alabama after beginning his career at Northeast Mississippi Community College. He started his final two seasons with the Crimson Tide, totaling three interceptions, 13 passes defensed and 7 1/2 tackles for loss.Continued ...
- CEO: Sterling staying on a 'disaster' for Clippers
- Survey finds sharp increase in teen use of HGH
- CEO: Clippers coach to quit if Sterling stays
- Tedford, Potts take on the South
- Jaguars sign former Crimson Tide DB Belue, waive RB Blankenship
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 7/24/14
The Athens Arts League Summer Art Stroll is 4-8 p.m. Friday on the downtown Limestone County Courthouse lawn. The free, family-friendly event will include music and 25 artists including painters, ceramicists, jewelry makers, mixed media and textile artists.
- Church Bulletin 7/24/14
- Limestone Ledger 7/24/14