— Athens Boys & Girls Club members Destiny Bailey and Laila Cooper perform a duet Thursday night at the 20th Annual Boys & Girls Club banquet held at the Beasley Center. Club members, staff and sponsors from across Limestone County came together for a meal and fundraising auction.
- Top Local News
Congressman to host veterans' forum in Huntsville
U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks will host a veterans' forum on Thursday in Huntsville.Continued ...
- Democrats to hold event in Huntsville
- Senior Fun Fest! — A new celebration for area seniors
- Arrest reports for Wednesday, 4/15/14
- Building boom: Athens shakes off long winter's nap of recession
- Congressman to host veterans' forum in Huntsville
- Today's Local Feature
Fútbol pay it forward: Tanner girls’ gift morphs into $4,500 donation from MA
When the 18 members of the Tanner High School girls soccer team heard about the death of senior classmate Alexis Hamilton, they decided to donate their uniform money to the family of the beloved 19-year-old, who died March 4 in her sleep. Their gift inspired an appoximately $4,500 donation from Madison Academy boys and girls soccer players and their families.Continued ...
- Creative literacy: AHS seniors craft children's books based on Beowulf
- Empty Bowls soup luncheon to benefit food insecurity problem in community
- Fútbol pay it forward: Tanner girls’ gift morphs into $4,500 donation from MA
- State and Nation
Auburn cancels classes over alleged threat
Auburn University has canceled classes for today following what school officials are calling an unsubstantiated threat on campus.Continued ...
- Bentley releases tax return, still not receiving income from being governor
- 5 things to know about tax day
- Ala. educators' insurance rates to remain steady
- Rocket leak delays space station delivery launch
- Auburn cancels classes over alleged threat
- Local Sports
- Golfers battle conditions at wet and windy Limestone County Tournament
- 4 Limestone teams make playoffs
- Elkmont’s Rhett Bailey wins Bryant-Jordan state award in Class 3A
- Prep roundup: Ardmore's Reed fans 10 in 4 innings to win 6th victory
- Elkmont edges Ardmore in alumni game
Tributes planned to mark Boston Marathon bombing
The anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings started with a solemn wreath-laying ceremony Tuesday morning at the site of the twin explosions, the first tribute in a day dedicated to honoring the three people who died, the more than 260 people who were injured, and the first responders, doctors and nurses who helped them.Continued ...
- Olympic great Michael Phelps ending retirement
- Bubba Watson wins another green jacket at Augusta
- Mechanic gives himself belated 50th birthday gift
- Prosecutor: Pistorius' story doesn't add up
- Tributes planned to mark Boston Marathon bombing
- Calendar of Events