— Athens Boys & Girls Club members Destiny Bailey and Laila Cooper perform a duet Thursday night at the 20th Annual Boys & Girls Club banquet held at the Beasley Center. Club members, staff and sponsors from across Limestone County came together for a meal and fundraising auction.
- Top Local News
- State firefighters head west
- Athens council to consider abatement, civil rights recognition, liquor store
- Athens State University to present history of women in Alabama
- Athens-Limestone United Way seeks teacher noms ahead of annual event
- Sales tax holiday: ARA predicts healthy shopping weekend
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Tortoise an accomplice in alligator's zoo escape?
Gary Moore, who runs the zoo, says he suspects the alligator slipped under a fence.Continued ...
- Report: More Alabamians bring jobs along on vacation
- Alabama reacts to possible arrival of immigrant kids
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may backfire
- Police ID 3 kids killed in Philly carjacking crash
- Tortoise an accomplice in alligator's zoo escape?
- Local Sports
TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
One of the first families of the Tanner pull is the Haneys. Horace Haney, along with brother, Shirley, co-founded the event in 1976 that draws thousands to the county each year. The sons of those pulling pioneers now run the show.Continued ...
- Clay Haney follows in father’s footsteps
- North win streak improves to 12
- Local athletes lead North to soccer sweep
- Davidson helps North tie
- TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
Rookie QB says 'never fun to get punched' in face
Zach Mettenberger was sucker-punched last weekend by an Alabama fan while at a bar with fellow rookie Taylor Lewan.Continued ...
- SEC serves as a launching pad from college to the NFL draft
- Cowboys' Rolando McClain back to football after court date
- Quickest route into NFL draft goes through SEC
- Rolando McClain convicted in Decatur
- Rookie QB says 'never fun to get punched' in face
- Calendar of Events