Allie Janzen, a student at Creekside Elementary School in Limestone County, enjoys at chocolate-covered marshmallow during the second-annual Chocolate Walk Saturday. Participants had the opportunity to sample a variety of chocolates at a number of downtown shops. Spirit of Athens sponsored the event.
- Top Local News
- Somerville man posed as teen girl to get teen boys to send explicit photos
- Man trying to secretly visit teen strikes Limestone deputy with car
- Today is the deadline for absentee voting for runoff
- 'Duck Dynasty' stars set to attend Huntsville expo
- Gun-toting voters: Will it be a problem in Limestone?
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
- Local Sports
Run with goats Saturday
Belle Chevre Creamery will hosts the first annual ‘Running with the Goats’ Saturday in downtown Elkmont. The event will feature a 10K, 5K and fun run on the certified Rails to Trails course.Continued ...
- Athens softball team wins state
- American Outlaws: Locals band together to support U.S. soccer team
- Cantering forward: McCain charged with reviving Colts' program
- 2014 Coaches All-County Baseball Team
- Run with goats Saturday
Ex-minor leaguers sue MLB over low salaries
Like many young baseball players, Aaron Senne dreamed of fame and fortune when he signed his first contract as a Miami Marlins' draft choice after a record-breaking college career at Missouri.
Reality as a low-level minor leaguer was far different: vending machine dinners, bug-infested apartments and a paltry salary with an equivalent hourly wage less than what fast-food workers make.Continued ...
- Clippers' Sterling berates NBA, wife in court, calls her a 'pig'
- Cavs agree to 3-way trade, make room for LeBron James
- Dodgers found partly responsible in fan beating
- Brazil's World Cup dream turns to nightmare
- Ex-minor leaguers sue MLB over low salaries
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 7/10/14
Running With the Goats
The first Running With the Goats 10K (7 a.m.), 5K (9 a.m.) at Belle Chevre Creamery, 18849 Upper Fort Hampton Road in Elkmont, and Fun Run (10 a.m.) on the Richard Martin Rails-to-Trails, is set for Saturday. Festivities include music and food. Awards and raffle follow from 10:30 a.m. until noon. More information: Angie Sandritter email@example.com. Register at Active.com.
- Limestone Ledger 7/9/14
- Limestone Ledger 7/10/14