— Cedar Hill student Paris Emerson, concentrates on connecting with a tennis ball during a bunting drill at the Triple Play Softball Camp, held at the Athens Sportsplex Monday morning. The camp is one of several happening this week around Athens. Others include a soccer camp at Athens High School, a baseball camp at East Limestone.
- Top Local News
Tanner's Bill Bridgeforth among two Alabama farmers being honored by White House
Bridgeforth and Lee Haynes of Cullman are among 15 people being recognized as so-called "Champions of Change" in Washington on Tuesday.Continued ...
- State firefighters head west
- Athens council to consider abatement, civil rights recognition, liquor store
- Athens State University to present history of women in Alabama
- Athens-Limestone United Way seeks teacher noms ahead of annual event
- Tanner's Bill Bridgeforth among two Alabama farmers being honored by White House
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull
The strikes followed an almost 12-hour pause in fighting and came as international efforts intensified to end the three-week war between Israel and Hamas.Continued ...
- After six weeks, finally a deal on VA health care
- Police investigate deaths of family of five
- Police: Alabama woman lit on fire by ex-boyfriend
- Tortoise an accomplice in alligator's zoo escape?
- Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull
- Local Sports
TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
One of the first families of the Tanner pull is the Haneys. Horace Haney, along with brother, Shirley, co-founded the event in 1976 that draws thousands to the county each year. The sons of those pulling pioneers now run the show.Continued ...
- Clay Haney follows in father’s footsteps
- North win streak improves to 12
- Local athletes lead North to soccer sweep
- Davidson helps North tie
- TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wins Tour de France
Chants of "Vin-cen-zo!" rang across the famed avenue for the Sicilian, who became the first Italian to win cycling's greatest race since Marco Pantani in 1998.Continued ...
- Rookie QB says 'never fun to get punched' in face
- SEC serves as a launching pad from college to the NFL draft
- Cowboys' Rolando McClain back to football after court date
- Quickest route into NFL draft goes through SEC
- Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wins Tour de France
- Calendar of Events