— Cedar Hill student Paris Emerson, concentrates on connecting with a tennis ball during a bunting drill at the Triple Play Softball Camp, held at the Athens Sportsplex Monday morning. The camp is one of several happening this week around Athens. Others include a soccer camp at Athens High School, a baseball camp at East Limestone.
- Top Local News
Report: Alabama crime rate decreased 4 percent in 2013
In addition to the overall decrease in crime, the report indicated a 5 percent decrease in the number of property crimes and a 3 percent decrease in the number of violent crimes.Continued ...
- Morgan County seeks help finding teen runaways
- Sunny skies on tap for this weekend
- A student's best friend
- Arrest reports for 7/25/14
- Report: Alabama crime rate decreased 4 percent in 2013
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Former astronaut Hank Hartsfield dies at 80
Hartsfield, from Birmingham, Alabama, had a physics degree from Auburn University, graduated from Air Force test pilot school and was selected for astronaut training in 1969.Continued ...
- Pot may be legal in some cities, but homeowner agreements can ban
- Jury convicts man of killing pregnant girlfriend
- Alabama city to host world horseshoe competition
- Air Algerie jet with 116 on board crashes in Mali
- Former astronaut Hank Hartsfield dies at 80
- Local Sports
Cowboys LB Rolando McClain misses start of camp for trial
McClain has been arrested three times in Decatur since 2011.Continued ...
- Manning getting used to new faces on Broncos
- Auburn's Nick Marshall pays citations in Georgia
- Jaguars sign former Crimson Tide DB Belue, waive RB Blankenship
- CEO: Sterling staying on a 'disaster' for Clippers
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain misses start of camp for trial
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 7/25/14
Crape Myrtle pageant
The 14th annual Miss/Master Crape Myrtle Festival Pageant is Saturday at the Ardmore, Tennessee Annex Building. Competition begins at 1 p.m. for girls, infant through age 19, and boys, infant through age 5. More information: 256-278-5524.
- Church Bulletin 7/25/14
- Limestone Ledger 7/25/14