— Athens Bible School junior Anna Stinnett winds up for the pitch as she lobs the ball to her drill partner at the ABS softball field Tuesday afternoon. The Lady Trojans were scheduled to play an area match at R.A. Hubbard Tuesday, but heavy rain from Monday’s storms flooded the field, forcing organizers to call off the game
- Top Local News
- Today's Local Feature
Temps take a dip
A hint of fall will remain in the air this week as temperatures and humidity are forecasted to remain about 10 degrees under average, according to meteorologist Tim Troutman at the National Weather Service in Huntsville.Continued ...
- Folk art homestead draws in the curious
- Smithsonian exhibit planners seek local volunteers, money, artifacts
- Temps take a dip
- State and Nation
Lawmakers try to seal $225M aid package for Israel
Israel escalated its operations against Hamas on Tuesday as the conflict entered its fourth week. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned of a "prolonged" campaign.Continued ...
- Alabama teen rescued after falling 50 feet in cave
- Study: 35 percent in U.S. facing debt collectors
- Despite good news, entitlement programs face problems
- Alabama fugitive captured at West Palm Beach hospital
- Lawmakers try to seal $225M aid package for Israel
- Local Sports
TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
One of the first families of the Tanner pull is the Haneys. Horace Haney, along with brother, Shirley, co-founded the event in 1976 that draws thousands to the county each year. The sons of those pulling pioneers now run the show.Continued ...
- Clay Haney follows in father’s footsteps
- North win streak improves to 12
- Local athletes lead North to soccer sweep
- Davidson helps North tie
- TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
Unlike a proposed settlement in a similar lawsuit against the NFL, this deal stops short of setting aside money to pay players who suffered brain trauma.Continued ...
- NBA, Clippers eager for Sterling out, Ballmer in
- Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wins Tour de France
- Rookie QB says 'never fun to get punched' in face
- SEC serves as a launching pad from college to the NFL draft
- NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules
- Calendar of Events