— Athens Bible School junior Anna Stinnett winds up for the pitch as she lobs the ball to her drill partner at the ABS softball field Tuesday afternoon. The Lady Trojans were scheduled to play an area match at R.A. Hubbard Tuesday, but heavy rain from Monday’s storms flooded the field, forcing organizers to call off the game
- Top Local News
Friday is deadline for absentee voting for runoff
Alabama's chief election official, Secretary of State Jim Bennett, says many registered voters will be away on summer vacations next week, and they can request absentee ballots before leaving town.Continued ...
- 'Duck Dynasty' stars set to attend Huntsville expo
- Gun-toting voters: Will it be a problem in Limestone?
- Athens native charged with murder
- Strange odor leads to three drug arrests
- Friday is deadline for absentee voting for runoff
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
4 children among 6 killed in Houston-area shooting
Police did not release the identities of the gunman or his victims. Gilliland described the dead as two boys, ages 4 and 14; two girls, ages 7 and 9; a 39-year-old man; and a 33-year-old woman.Continued ...
- Commanders suggest a 2nd group in Benghazi attacks
- Homeland chief presses $3.7B border request
- Researchers try to save huge U.S. salamander
- Obama heads to Texas with no plans to visit border
- 4 children among 6 killed in Houston-area shooting
- Local Sports
Clippers' Sterling berates NBA, wife in court, calls her a 'pig'
In her testimony that is scheduled to continue Thursday, Shelly Sterling declared that despite being estranged in many ways she loves her husband of 58 years and still acts as his principal caretaker, especially in medical care.Continued ...
- Cavs agree to 3-way trade, make room for LeBron James
- Dodgers found partly responsible in fan beating
- Brazil's World Cup dream turns to nightmare
- Dog tracks cornered by wagering woes, racing foes
- Clippers' Sterling berates NBA, wife in court, calls her a 'pig'
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 7/10/14
Running With the Goats
The first Running With the Goats 10K (7 a.m.), 5K (9 a.m.) at Belle Chevre Creamery, 18849 Upper Fort Hampton Road in Elkmont, and Fun Run (10 a.m.) on the Richard Martin Rails-to-Trails, is set for Saturday. Festivities include music and food. Awards and raffle follow from 10:30 a.m. until noon. More information: Angie Sandritter email@example.com. Register at Active.com.
- Limestone Ledger 7/9/14
- Limestone Ledger 7/10/14