Sunny skies and a cool breeze Friday allowed members of the Senior Spinners line-dancing entourage to practice their steps outdoors at the Athens Senior Center on Pryor Street. The group, made up of residents from Limestone County, other parts of Alabama and Tennessee, sometimes perform for other groups.
- Top Local News
- BREAKING: Limestone County under flash flood warning until 1:30 p.m. today
- Mauldin elected chairman pro tem of Athens State Board of Trustees
- Section of Neal Road on Redstone Arsenal closed for resurfacing project
- Northeast Alabama men charged with animal cruelty
- Smithsonian Exhibition coming to Athens
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Mental exam ordered in Alabama triple homicide
Circuit Judge Terri Bozeman Lovell ordered that Deandra Lee be examined by the state Department of Mental Health to see if he lacks the ability to assist in his defense.Continued ...
- Driver stops to help ducklings, gets ticket
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's victims
- Alabama man charged in brother's slaying
- Tuscaloosa changes ordinance on ticket scalping
- Mental exam ordered in Alabama triple homicide
- Local Sports
Tedford, Potts take on the South in All-Star hoops game
Stace Tedford has had a busy year at Athens. After leading the basketball team to a school-record 24 consecutive wins and regional finals appearance, he jumped straight into soccer season, where he took the varsity girls soccer team to another 5A state championship game.Continued ...
Wednesday, Tedford will be on the court again, coaching in the North-South All-Star basketball game.
- Strong local presence at state All-Star Week
- Before politics, Seibert played for the Tide
- State softball tournament begins in Athens today
- Run with goats Saturday
- Tedford, Potts take on the South in All-Star hoops game
CEO: Sterling staying on a 'disaster' for Clippers
Coach Doc Rivers has said he'll resign from the Los Angeles Clippers if Donald Sterling remains owner, the team's interim CEO testified, saying such a move would be a "disaster" for the franchise.Continued ...
- Survey finds sharp increase in teen use of HGH
- CEO: Clippers coach to quit if Sterling stays
- Tedford, Potts take on the South
- Arkansas State player earns conference honors
- CEO: Sterling staying on a 'disaster' for Clippers
- Calendar of Events