— Jeff Gessler of Trinity shops Monday at Fireworks Outlet on U.S. 31 north of Athens for Roman candles and other festive explosives for the New Year. It is illegal to shoot fireworks in the city limits of Athens but permissible in Limestone County. Firefighters warn users to keep a water supply readily accessible and to avoid people and buildings. Children should not handle fireworks.
- Top Local News
- Today's Local Feature
'Tell your story:' Pelham cop, state legislator share story behind Carly’s Law
Carly Chandler, 3, of Shelby County is perhaps one of the most well-known toddlers in Alabama after the state Legislature unanimously passed a bill named in her honor toward the end of this spring’s general session. Several Limestone families are among those waiting to participate in UAB's cannabidiol research study, which was legalized and funded through Carly's Law.Continued ...
- Calhoun to conduct mass casualty training drill this week
- Quiz masters: Ardmore claims county title; Elkmont, Clements place in top 3
- 'Tell your story:' Pelham cop, state legislator share story behind Carly’s Law
- State and Nation
- Ala. county using landfill gas to produce power
- Auburn offers $10K reward after 2 campus threats
- Auburn classes resume after bomb threat cleared
- Families' hopes for ferry victims painfully humble
- In show of defiance, thousands run Boston Marathon
- Local Sports
Athens beats Grissom in final regular season game
The Athens soccer team knocked off one of the top teams in Class 6A in the final regular game of the season. Charlie Holland’s header in the sixth minute was enough for a 1-0 victory over Grissom Tuesday night.Continued ...
- AHS girls headline 7 local teams heading to playoffs
- East Limestone wins final 4 region games to make playoffs
- Athens boys, girls win section titles
- Ardmore will travel to North Jackson in 2nd round
- Athens beats Grissom in final regular season game
Selig says clarification coming on ball transfers
Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig says the sport's playing rules committee is working to clarify the rule on transfers by fielders on forceouts, which has caused some controversy in the first season of expanded instant replay for umpires.Continued ...
- David Moyes out as Manchester United manager
- Mississippi's Golson considers transferring
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security
- Let the (real) games begin: It's NBA playoff time
- Selig says clarification coming on ball transfers
- Calendar of Events