Al Burns of Precision Masonry digs an outline in the shape of Limestone County Thursday at the site of the Limestone County Tornado Memorial at the Bethel Church of Christ Cemetery on U.S. 72 East. Burns’ company is donating the labor to create the brick walls that will be part of the memorial. The memorial will use donated bricks from homes destroyed in the April 27, 2011, tornadoes. It will also honor those who have died in Limestone County tornadoes since 1924. Work is expected to take two months.
- Top Local News
- Today's Local Feature
Temps take a dip
A hint of fall will remain in the air this week as temperatures and humidity are forecasted to remain about 10 degrees under average, according to meteorologist Tim Troutman at the National Weather Service in Huntsville.Continued ...
- Folk art homestead draws in the curious
- Smithsonian exhibit planners seek local volunteers, money, artifacts
- Temps take a dip
- State and Nation
Newborn southern Alabama boy killed in car crash
Authorities say a newborn boy who was injured in a car crash in Monroe County over the weekend has died.Continued ...
- ASU president gets car allowance but has no car
- Foul play ruled out in death of cupcake truck driver
- Foul play ruled out in death of Birmingham food truck driver
- Girls sell lemonade to raise money for charities
- Newborn southern Alabama boy killed in car crash
- Local Sports
TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
One of the first families of the Tanner pull is the Haneys. Horace Haney, along with brother, Shirley, co-founded the event in 1976 that draws thousands to the county each year. The sons of those pulling pioneers now run the show.Continued ...
- Clay Haney follows in father’s footsteps
- North win streak improves to 12
- Local athletes lead North to soccer sweep
- Davidson helps North tie
- TRACTOR PULL: A new generation takes over in Tanner
Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wins Tour de France
Chants of "Vin-cen-zo!" rang across the famed avenue for the Sicilian, who became the first Italian to win cycling's greatest race since Marco Pantani in 1998.Continued ...
- Rookie QB says 'never fun to get punched' in face
- SEC serves as a launching pad from college to the NFL draft
- Cowboys' Rolando McClain back to football after court date
- Quickest route into NFL draft goes through SEC
- Italy's Vincenzo Nibali wins Tour de France
- Calendar of Events