Editor’s note: Down Home Recipes are submitted by Amy Horton and come from local cooks who post recipes on her Facebook page “Amy’s Down Home Cooking.”
By Angie Carter
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
• 24 ounces jar/can spaghetti sauce of your choice
• 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In skillet, brown meat with onion and green pepper. Drain. Return to skillet.
While browning meat, cook noodles according to box. Drain.
Stir in spaghetti sauce and set aside off heat.
In mixing bowl add spices to softened cream cheese, mix well. Add noodles and stir until thoroughly coated.
Spray 9-by-13 pan with cooking spray. Pour in some meat sauce just to cover bottom of pan. Pour in coated noodles spreading to cover meat sauce evenly. Pour in the rest of meat sauce, spreading evenly.
Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese followed by shredded cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.