A collision at a Limestone County fish market Thursday afternoon left three people injured. Michael White, the driver of a 1999 red Ford sport utility vehicle, left, collided at about 12:11 p.m with the pickup truck and boat, foreground, while they were parked at Bivens Fish Market off Ripley Road, three miles west of Athens, said witnesses and a state trooper’s report. Driver Michael White, 35, and his passengers, Travis Turner, 28, and Kelvin Williams, 27, all of Athens, were treated at Athens-Limestone Hospital and released, a hospital spokeswoman said. They were not wearing seat belts, according to the trooper’s report. Kevin Bivens, left, whose family owns the fish market, surveys the scene of the accident.
This Week's Circulars
Marty R. Montgomery, 63, of Athens, passed away on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at his residence. Mr. Montgomery was born on September 10, 1957, to John Montgomery and Lawson Farris Montgomery. Mr. Montgomery is survived by his son, K.B. Montgomery (Elizabeth); grandchildren, Madelyn Montgomery a…
Funeral service for Helen Elaine Gilbert, 81, of Athens, Alabama, will be noon Saturday, June 19, 2021, at the Sweet Home Missionary Baptist Church, Athens. Peoples Funeral Home directing. No public viewing.
Graveside service for Ira James Turner will be 10 a.m. Friday, June 18, 2021, at Thatch-Mann Cemetery with Pastor Willie James Mangreum officiating. Royal Funeral Home-Mason Chapel directing.
- Coaches announce 2021 Limestone All-County Softball selections
- Arrest reports for 6/12/21
- Arrest reports for 6/16/21
- Arrest reports for 6/15/21
- City, county hear 2-way radio network proposal
- CHEESECAKES & MORE: Decatur eatery coming to Athens State
- Home & Garden Spot: Selecting which tomato plants to grow
- Arrest reports for 6/10/21
- Pepper scholarship recipient recognized
- Teen killed after being hit by lightning while swimming
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.