Fireworks in Athens, Alabama, on July 4, 2019. Video courtesy of Athens Aerial Productions.
This Week's Circulars
Jerry Keith Burgess, 96, of East Limestone, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019. Memorial service is 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Midway Baptist Church, with Gerome Hillard officiating. Visitation is 2 to 3 p.m. at the church.
Hudon Daniel, 84, of Elkmont, Alabama, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019, at his residence. A graveside service will be 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at Myers Cemetery. Visitation is 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Spry Funeral Home.
Funeral will be 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019, at McConnell Memorial Chapel, with Sherry Birney officiating. Visitation will be from 3-3:45 p.m. Saturday. Burial will be in Lebanon Cemetery.
Funeral service for Robert W. Daniel Jr., 59, will be noon Saturday, August 24, 2019, at the Homer L. Moses Memorial Chapel of Peoples Funeral Home, Athens. The Rev. Victor McGowan officiating. Burial in Thatch-Mann Cemetery.
Lucy Davis Greenhaw, 78, of Athens, passed away on Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at North Alabama Medical Center. Mrs. Greenhaw was born on August 25, 1940, in Limestone County to Grady Davis and Betty L. Marks Davis. Funeral services for Mrs. Greenhaw will be 2 p.m. Saturday, August 24, 2019, a…
- THE LATEST: Limestone Co. Sheriff Mike Blakely arrested
- BREAKING: Limestone Co. Sheriff Mike Blakely arrested
- BREAKING: AG's office details charges against Limestone Co. Sheriff Mike Blakely
- Victim in early morning wreck ID'd
- SHERIFF INDICTED: Blakely won't resign, attorney says
- Woman charged with theft over home sale returned to jail
- BREAKING: Crews responding to wreck on U.S. 72
- Arrest Reports for 8/17/19
- 1 killed in Athens wreck
- Arrest Reports for 8/16/19