This Week's Circulars
The graveside service for Joyce Holland Layman, 94, of Athens, Alabama, will be 2 p.m. Sunday August 9, 2020, at Athens City Cemetery with Kenny Baskins officiating. Mrs. Layman passed away Wednesday August 5, 2020, at her residence. She was born August 23, 1925, in Limestone County, Alabama…
Ruby Lovelace Houk, 77, of Athens, passed away Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at her residence. Mrs. Houk was born June 25, 1943. Visitation will be 5-7 p.m. Saturday, August 8, 2020, at Limestone Chapel Funeral Home.
Graveside service for Catherine M. Turner, 85, will be noon Saturday, August 8, 2020, at Thatch-Mann Cemetery with Dr. Shirley Fletcher officiating. Royal Funeral Home-Mason Chapel officiating.
David Kyle Turner passed away in Athens Hospital on Thursday, July 30, 2020. After a battle with pneumonia, he passed peacefully, surrounded by his family at the age of 57. Kyle is survived by his son, David Nathan Turner, a student at the University of Alabama; his mother, Sandra H. Turner,…
- Athens man arrested on 96 child porn, sodomy charges
- Arrest reports for 8/1/20
- Soldier's grave vandalized in family cemetery
- Body found floating at north Alabama wildlife refuge
- SUPER SCIENCE SHOWCASE: Amazon series brings Tom and Huck back to Mooresville
- Police ID human remains found in burned car in Birmingham
- Civil case against former Limestone judge dismissed
- POWER SUPPLY: Athens Utilities resumes non-payment disconnects
- Arrest reports for 8/5/20
- Arrest reports for 8/4/20