This Week's Circulars
Richard Louis Brock, 69, of Athens, Alabama, died Friday, February 14, 2020. Mr. Brock was born September 21, 1950 in Birmingham, Alabama. He was a member of First Baptist Church of Athens and was employed as a contractor for NASA. He loved his job, Alabama football, and most of all his fami…
James Cheatham, 67, of Moulton died Wednesday at Decatur Morgan Hospital. Visitation is 12-2pm Friday at Caddo Congregational Christian Church. The funeral will follow at 2:00 PM. Lawrence Funeral Home directing. James was the husband of Rita Cheatham.
Funeral service will be 3 p.m. Saturday, February 22, 2020, at McConnell Memorial Chapel with Steve Olney and Tony Boyles officiating. Visitation will be 1-3 p.m. Saturday at McConnell Funeral Home. Burial will be in Roselawn Cemetery.
Funeral service for Wallace Coleman, 69, will be 11 a.m. Friday, February 21, 2020, at Peoples Funeral Home with the Rev. Damon T. Betts officiating. The body will lie in repose one hour before funeral time.
Funeral service for Mary Lou Jones Allen, 97, is noon Saturday, February 22, 2020, at Peoples Funeral Home. The body will lie in repose at the chapel one hour before funeral time. Burial in Thatch-Mann Cemetery.
- UPDATE: Victim ID'd in fatal morning wreck
- Arrest Reports for 2/15/20
- Athens man arrested for indecent exposure
- Bristol school director's credentials in question
- Limestone grand jury indicts 26 on felony charges
- 1 arrested, 2 sought after man left naked, begging for help
- Arrest Reports for 2/13/20
- Arrest Reports for 2/14/20
- Last founder of Dub's Burgers dies at 91
- SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH: Nelson admires district unity, achievement