• Gospel meeting. O'Neal Church of Christ will hold a gospel meeting today through March 4. Speaker will be Buc Chumbley. Sunday School at 10 a.m., with service to follow at 10:45. Sunday service at 5 p.m.; Monday through Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday Lenten lunches. St. Paul's Catholic Church, New Life Baptist Church, St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, First United Methodist Church, Journey Church and First Presbyterian Church will hold noon prayers with lunch to follow noon-1 p.m. March 4, 11, 18, 25 and April 1 at St. Timothy's in Athens.
• Spring revival. Nebo Community Church will host its spring revival March 8-11. Guest speaker will by Brandon Pylant. Special music nightly by Pylant family. Sunday service at 5 p.m.; Monday through Wednesday services at 7 p.m. More information: Jerry Smith at 256-777-6399
• Gospel meetings. Northside Church of Christ, 1201 N. Jefferson St., Athens, will hold gospel meetings March 8-11, with different speaker daily. Sunday service at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.; Monday through Wednesday services at 7 p.m. Sunday's speaker will by Bobby Graham, Monday's speaker will be Jimmy Clark, Tuesday's speaker will be Greg Chandler and Wednesday's speaker will be T.J. Smith. More information: 256-232-3179
• Swamp John's fundraiser. Round Island Baptist Church will hold a Swamp John's fundraiser 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, March 15, at the church, 14790 Brownsferry Road, Athens. $12 ticket buys meal, dessert and drink. Proceeds benefit Baptist Women's Fund.
• Summer program. New Life Assembly SPARK Academy is enrolling children for Summer Program and Spring Break Camp at New Life Assembly, 16768 U.S. 72, Athens. Spring Break Camp is March 30-April 3. Cost is $110 per child, plus a $20 trip fee. Summer Camp begins May 26. Cost is $110 per week, plus $35 registration fee and $75 activity fee. Programs are for grades K-6, and there are discounts available for those enrolling more than one student. More information: 256-614-4823, 256-232-6119 or www.athensnewlife.com
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.