• Missionary Day. Sweet Home Missionary Baptist Church will observe Missionary Day 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 11, at the church, 803 Westmoreland St., Athens. Minister Effie Clifton will be guest speaker. Sweet Home Inspirational Choir will sing. More information: 256-694-5476.
• Revival. Little Ezekiel Missionary Baptist Church will host revival 7 p.m. Aug. 12–14 at the church on Lindsay Road in Tanner. Pastor Jermaine Turner is the evangelist. Various choirs will sing.
• Women's Day. Antioch Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America's Women Are Involved will mark Women's Day 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 18. Minister Geneve Benford of Frazier Christian Methodist Episcopal Church will be guest speaker.
• Singing. Nebo Community Church will host a singing and homemade ice cream supper 5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 18, at 17772 Nuclear Plant Road, Athens. One Voice will perform.
• Gospel meeting/revival. North Athens Church of Christ will hold its 2019 gospel meeting and revival Sunday-Thursday, Aug. 18-22, at the church, 19159 Alabama 127. Theme is "Earnestly Contend for the Faith." Sunday's events will include 8:30 a.m. radio ministry, 9 a.m. Bible study, 10 a.m. worship, noon-2:15 p.m. fellowship meal, and 2:30 p.m. afternoon worship service. Guest evangelist Floyd Rogers, minister of Blue Spring Road Church of Christ of Huntsville, will speak. Guest evangelists will also speak 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday, including Tim Smith, Monday; Larry Williams, Tuesday; Cedric McNeal, Wednesday; and James Gray Sr., Thursday. Everyone invited. More information: Brother Sylvester Malone, 256-874-1941.
• Annual revival. Lakeview United Methodist Church will hold its annual revival 6:30 p.m. Aug. 27-29. Pastor Charles Johnson of Oak Grove Christian Methodist Episcopal Church will speak Tuesday, Aug. 27; Pastor John Irvin of Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church, Wednesday, Aug. 28; and Pastor James Childress of Triana Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America, Thursday, Aug. 29.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.