This Week's Circulars
Gladys Katherine Shannon 93, of Ardmore, Tennessee passed peacefully on Monday, July 6, 2020, at Limestone Health and Rehab, Athens, Alabama. Gladys was born early on a Wednesday morning, March 30, 1927, in Prospect, Tennessee. She was the daughter of Knox Colston and Nancy Littrell Colston.…
Lloyd Wayne Pratt, 63, of Athens, Alabama, died Monday, July 6, 2020. There will be a 2 p.m. graveside service Thursday at Oak Grove Cemetery in Goodsprings, with visitation from 11 a.m.-1:15 p.m. at Spry Funeral Home.
O.W. (Blackie) Chandler, 85, of Athens, Alabama, died Saturday at Athens-Limestone Hospital. Mr. Chandler was born Oct. 12, 1934, in Lauderdale County. Mr. Chandler was retired from NASA, a U.S. Navy veteran and a member of Tanner United Methodist Church. Survivors are wife, Doris Haraway Ch…
Susan Marie Hale, 61, of Tanner, Alabama, died Saturday, July 4, 2020. A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Graveside service for Mr. Joe Rice Jr., 84, is noon Thursday, July 9, 2020, at Thatch-Mann Cemetery in Athens. Peoples Funeral Home is directing. Viewing at the funeral home is 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, July 8.
- Limestone County reports 1st death from COVID-19
- LCSO: Naked Huntsville man trashed Limestone home
- SLOWING THE SPREAD: City Council to hold special meeting on COVID-19
- Limestone judge resigns, says it's best for family, county
- Arrest reports for 7/4/20
- Hospital CNO named interim president
- Arrest reports for 7/7/20
- ATHENS-LIMESTONE HOSPITAL: President steps down, accepts research position
- Arrest reports for 7/8/20
- OPENING SOON: New recreation center nearing completion