Hollis Wayne Hogan, 81, of Athens, passed away Tuesday, July 27, 2021, in Elkmont. Funeral services are 11:30 a.m. Saturday, July 31, at Spry Funeral Home. Visitation is 5-8 p.m. Friday, July 30, at the funeral home.
This Week's Circulars
Thomas Benjamin Dabney of Athens, Alabama, passed away at Limestone Health Facility, Thursday, July 22, 2021. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. in the First United Methodist Chapel of Corinth, Mississippi, Friday, July 30, 2021. Interment will be in the Corinth National Cemetery. He …
- Victim ID'd in fatal Sunday wreck
- Wreck shuts down I-65 for hours; trooper injured
- BLAKELY TRIAL: New details on ACCA trip, inmate labor deal
- I-65 South shut down south of U.S. 31 due to wreck
- Arrest reports for 7/24/21
- BLAKELY TRIAL: State drops theft charge; juror dismissed
- 1 dead after drowning at Joe Wheeler State Park
- Arrest reports for 7/22/21
- New Circle K open on U.S. 31
- Victim ID'd in Sunday wreck
Passengers in the rear section of the B-29 "Doc" had to rely on a video screen to see the view from the front of the aircraft. The screen allowed passengers to watch the plane while landing at Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.