Larry David Stark, 75, of Athens, Alabama, died Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2020, at Athens-Limestone Hospital. A memorial service will be 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18, at AMVETS Post 21 in Athens. Spry Funeral Home assisted the family.
This Week's Circulars
Thomas Vassar Morton III, 71, of Athens, Alabama, passed away at home Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020. He was born on March 1, 1948, in New Jersey to Thomas Morton II and Dorothy Nicol. Funeral service for Mr. Morton will be held at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24, at Poplar Creek Baptist Church, with Ch…
Funeral service for Tavares Corneal Turner, 39, is 1 p.m. Saturday, January 18, 2020, at Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church, Athens, Alabama. The body will lie in repose at the church one hour prior. Burial in Thatch-Mann Cemetery.
Alex passed away at his home on Thursday, January 9, 2020 after an extended illness. Alex is survived by his parents, Wade and Reetta Christopher of Athens, AL; brother, Dr. Neal Christopher (Summer) of California; his precious daughters, Emma Grace and Whitlee Reece Christopher and their mo…
- Arrest Reports for 1/14/2020
- Arrest Reports for 1/15/20
- Arrest Reports for 1/16/20
- BREAKING: APD responds to child shooting
- Restaurant scores for Jan. 5–11
- 5 finalists announced for Limestone superintendent
- UPDATED: Mayor, retired director among finalists for Limestone superintendent
- Arrest Reports for 1/18/20
- Arrest Reports for 1/11/20
- Trinity grad the featured speaker at annual MLK event