This Week's Circulars
Glinda M. Hogan, 66, of Athens, died Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Services will be 11 a.m. Monday at Spry Funeral Home. Burial will be in Roselawn Cemetery. Visitation is from 6-8 p.m. Sunday at Spry Funeral Home.
Charles M. Roberts, 75, of Athens, passed away Monday, June 29, 2020. A graveside service will be held in Rogersville Funeral Home Cemetery at 1:30 p.m. Friday, July 5. Visit rogersvillfh.com to share condolences with Mr. Roberts' family.
Annette Black Hammons, 95, passed away June 30, 2020. She was born Oct. 23, 1924, in Athens, Ala., to Ross and Bertha McCormack Black, who preceded her in death. She eloped and married her longtime friend and love, Thomas Lee Hammons, in May of 1942. He preceded her in death in 1987. Funeral…
Mr. Fred Allen passed away Saturday, June 27, 2020, at his residence. Graveside service will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 7, at Thatch-Mann Cemetery. Public viewing will be 1-6 p.m. Wednesday, July 1, at Royal Funeral Home-Mason Chapel.
Visitation for Jean Kahl Clark will be from 10-11:45 a.m. Thursday, July 2, 2020, at Limestone Chapel Funeral Home. Service will follow at noon. Burial will be in Roselawn Cemetery.
- ATHENS-LIMESTONE HOSPITAL: President steps down, accepts research position
- Arrest reports for 7/4/20
- COUNTY SCHOOLS: Tribble named new HR director
- Athens adds traffic calming provision to ordinance
- Arrest reports for 6/30/20
- Arrest reports for 7/2/20
- Arrest reports for 7/1/20
- Athens City Schools to begin 2020-21 school year Aug. 17
- RED, WHITE & BOOM: Drive-in fireworks show to be held Saturday
- Officials: Alabama fire official fled from fatal crash scene