Limestone County Council on Aging
Nutrition coordinator: Linda Black
Centers open 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays
Centers closed 12:30 p.m. Fridays
• Monday: Chopped barbecue chicken with bun, green beans with red peppers, cream-style corn, oatmeal cream pie, milk, orange juice;
• Tuesday: Pork riblet with mushroom gravy, field peas, glazed carrots, bread, chocolate chip cookie, blended juice, milk;
• Wednesday: Hamburger with bun, baked beans, potato salad, lettuce/tomato/onion, hot peach cobbler, milk or chocolate milk;
• Thursday: Smoked sausage with bun, macaroni and cheese, Italian flat beans, applesauce, chocolate cake, milk;
• Friday: Seasoned chicken thigh, mashed sweet potatoes, turnip greens, cornbread, fruited gelatin, apple juice and milk or buttermilk.
• Council on Aging has a program through Senior Rx that helps residents who are age 55 or older or disabled acquire their prescriptions free. Call Carla Sims at 256-233-6412.